Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my car 6 weeks ago at the parking lot of my office building not knowing I wasn't going to use it for 6 weeks.

Yesterday I came back and 2 things happened:

1.- Battery is dead
2.- Driver side keyhole is busted. Useles. Key won't go in

I have a jump starter, but the thing is a can't open the hood because I'm locked out. Key fob won't open any door since there is no battery.

I'am at home right know and can't remember if the trunk lid has a keyhole. Apparently, not.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there - I just came across your post. I locked myself out of my car once with normal and spare key both inside. Luckily I was parked very close to a mechanic shop.

They were able to open the car for me by sliding a rod that they had, down the side of the window into the sill down behind the door. They managed to find the part where the lock could release and then the door could be unlocked to open. It didn't wreck the sill at all, the car was able to be opened very easily.

If you can get someone to do that, then you'll be able to pop your bonnet. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! I does help. It confirms what the internet told me: I have to "steal" my own car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great! Yes indeed that's the only way I am aware of, but if you do it right, there shouldnt be any damage. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts