Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All, As you know I just had my first service appointment today at Maranello FIAT, Great dealership, Very Helpful, I cannot say enough good things about them... Come on where else do Ferrari technicians work on your car?

Anyways they had their grand opening/Abarth unveiling last night, the dealership was closed in the morning when I dropped off my car and the Abarth was locked in the showroom, when I came to pick up my car in the afternoon I saw that the Abarth had been moved out of the showroom, I inquired with my service advisor and she said that it was scheduled to be picked up, but she said lets take a look out back and low and behold the beast was hiding out back, unlocked too!

So heres's some pics (sorry for crappy quality pics iphone 4/4S)....

I snagged the Abarth Dealer pamphlet as well which I will scan and post when I get a sec..

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Emblem Automotive decal
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Fiat 500
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Family car
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Fiat 500

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Awwww yeaaaah. Can wait to see one running. Speaking of Ferrari mechanics, Daytona Auto has a handful and they installed my exhaust. One guy, who is from Italy, mentioned his friend back home has a 500 and it has 220 hp. I said well it's turbo charged, mine isn't. He said his friends wasn't either. I looked at him and said "we have to talk".

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awwww yeaaaah. Can wait to see one running. Speaking of Ferrari mechanics, Daytona Auto has a handful and they installed my exhaust. One guy, who is from Italy, mentioned his friend back home has a 500 and it has 220 hp. I said well it's turbo charged, mine isn't. He said his friends wasn't either. I looked at him and said "we have to talk".
Yes Ferrari Mechanics are the shiznitt, and for the record we BOTH need to talk to this guy. I've got an Auto tho...

They open the hood for you?
Smark there was no "they" the service advisor opened the garage door and said it was too cold for her to come out but if the doors were unlocked it was okay to take pictures so I had a free go of the car, sat inside of it (the red seats were rather dirty i might add), popped the hood, got a good feel of the interior, the door panels seem to be of the same materials as ours and they were very scratched on this unit even more so than my sport, however none of that crap matters.. I just WISH I had the keys...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I was going to go with Sikh but figured it was a long shot.

In the not so distant past I worked for a 3 letter agency that centered around linguistics. Several of the gentlemen I worked with shared your faith. Very sound thinkers and very in tune with their faith and how it applies to themselves and the world around them. I know few Christians like that.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Very nice photos Grigio. :) However minimal, I agree with most of you in being disappointed the engine cover is not red.

Next step for any of us: A test drive

It was also nice meeting you today, keep in touch!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a pre-production that has obviously been "doing the rounds". A lot of them had the black cover. Just an early "in progress" example. Wish I'd have been there....Cheers
geeded that's what I thought as well, pre-production model thats just given a beating...
I was going to go with Sikh but figured it was a long shot.In the not so distant past I worked for a 3 letter agency that centered around linguistics. Several of the gentlemen I worked with shared your faith. Very sound thinkers and very in tune with their faith and how it applies to themselves and the world around them. I know few Christians like that.
Thats pretty awesome Mr.Pickles, what state are you from? Oh and I will be shooting you a couple PM's regarding those Murder lights, any chance you will ever post a DIY?
Very nice photos Grigio. :) However minimal, I agree with most of you in being disappointed the engine cover is not red.Next step for any of us: A test driveIt was also nice meeting you today, keep in touch!
Yes, a test drive would rock. Nice meeting you as well.
the engine cover on the fisrt abarth i drove looked like this:looks a lot better imo.
Yes I think the red cover looks way better but at he end of the day its just a cover, and I think this was a pre-production tester..Heres the engine bay on this beauty:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts