Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I haven't seen anything yet, but since I have an Unorthodox pulley on my crx, and have had it for years without issue, I just sent them a query. Hopefully, you'll have an answer from them shortly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Got a response back already from them.

Would need a group of 40 owners, $100 deposit by each of them, total cost would be $200-250 each. 4-6 week development time, a month run on a lucky owner's test mule, yada, yada, yada.

So, I wouldn't think that would be a likely avenue. Hopefully, there's a european mfg already doing it, and the crank pullies are the same eu - us, which is fairly likely, I'd imagine.

Hopefully, the same firm would also have lightened flywheels too. And a short shift kit, and shift bushings, and an LSD, and ...... :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that was quick :cool:

BTW, I screwed up the title. Meant to say CAMshaft pulley, though it sounds like that's what you and Unorthodox were talking about.

Being that the Multiair has a totally different valve system I wouldn't count on the cam pulley to be the same. If I can get a spare pulley or at least the exact measurements I can design an adjustable pulley and have it CNC'd on order - no need to get 40 people to sign up.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sorry, do you mean cam gears?

I was actually talking to Unorthodox about a crankshaft pulley, but their answer for cam gears would be the same, I'd reckon.

And I'd agree with you; the cam gear setup would be different in the US. However, the Abarth should be the same EU/US; at least, that's what I'm hoping.

·
Registered
222 Posts
No problem. Glad that the Italians haven't invented some new engine part I was not aware of. :p

I'm just hoping the reliability of the first-year car is good, so that modding the car would even make sense in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts