Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After coming across a thread started by a member in South America I am on the hunt for the OEM part number for the OEM springs on South American market 500 (non turbo). I have a suspicion these springs are OEM parts from a Fiat Panda or maybe even a 500e. We have a 500c Abarth, but now we live in Maine where the roads are very broken. Our roads up here are probably close to what Fiat had in mind when deciding on the taller springs for South American market cars. The Abarth needs new strut mounts/bearings anyway, so I'm looking at getting the KYB struts and shocks, which will have more travel than OEM Abarth struts/shocks anyway. A taller spring would pair better with the KYB's than the OEM Abarth springs. I know that this is probably somewhat unconventional among the 500 community to go with a taller suspension, but that's what I need. I'm hoping for more travel and a rally car like suspension.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Why don’t you take your car, to a suspension/spring shop. Have some custom made coil made. usually only thing is offered is lowering springs.

You could also look into coil overs too. Expensive!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why don’t you take your car, to a suspension/spring shop. Have some custom made coil made. usually only thing is offered is lowering springs.

You could also look into coil overs too. Expensive!
Can you give me the phone number to a reputable custom coil spring shop that specializes in Fiats?

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
Can you give me the phone number to a reputable custom coil spring shop that specializes in Fiats?
They don’t have to specialize in Fiats. Look at coil spring companies, in your location. At a cost, they can fabricate, a set of coils for your vehicle.

Here’s a lift kit.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts