Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like JLo is gone but I think the damage is already done and irreversible. I havent seen the worst Car TV spot aired in the last week or so, but I think the damage is already done my fellow FIAT friends. I actually went out today to look at other car options, with a bit of sadness because I really loved my 500 :( As a single straight man when the car first arrived it was a toss up if i should get one. ive owen a few MINIs in the past so have no problem sporting a small cool car. So I went for it and bought my FIAT in May. I would get looks, people saying "cool car man!", girls id would date would love it too, it had a certain worldly cool factor to it. and i was proud to own one....

now all i hear is, "is that the JLo car!" and literally caught people pointing and laughing on serveral occassions recenty after JLo TV spot aired. mostly guys pointing and laughing. I think FIAT really screwed up their first impression in this country and its a shame! for me its a $20,000 shame.

thanks FIAT and FU for taking a great product and brand I and many others were proud to be associated with and making a mockery of yourself and all of us.

This is irreversible to me...the damage has been done

·
Registered
433 Posts
maybe they were laughing at a grown man crying and not the cool car he was driving.

you sound really insecure, maybe you should trade in your 500 for something manly, like a vespa.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
lol, k

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe they were laughing at a grown man crying and not the cool car he was driving.

you sound really insecure, maybe you should trade in your 500 for something manly, like a vespa.
Your response, while quite witty, is what I expected. Let me ask, do you make it a habit of defending giant corporations that make terrible markering mistakes without any regard to their customer base? And they, I might add, wouldn't defend YOU on their worst day.

Im eagerly awaiting your response...don't disappoint me, keep it witty! ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Moderator, can you please close this thread...It seems my honest yet admittedly negative post towards FIATs marketing descisions has attracted negativity directed toward me from some forum members...

I guess its true, nagativity does breed negativity...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Moderator, can you please close this thread...It seems my honest yet admittedly negative post towards FIATs marketing descisions has attracted negativity directed toward me from some forum members...

I guess its true, nagativity does breed negativity...

Stop worrying about what others think.

Also, stop being wonderfully sensitive man on a car forum, Nancy.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Moderator, can you please close this thread.
yes, I think by now we're all aware of your disdain for this commercial, or J Lo...or BOTH.

if the moderator agrees to close this thread, will you agree to stop posting complaints about the commercial?

fair IS far. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wow. Even though I dislike the commercial, and smile and laugh when people recognize the car as the one in the J-Lo commercial, this is so over the top that I feel more sad for poor Fiat5 than anything else.
You must live in a very shallow and mean town for you to see people pointing and laughing at your car. Being so hung up about image doesn't speak well for your personal confidence level, either.

So, let's say you sell your 500... and if in some magical way they manage to outlive the shame of J-Lo and Gucci, and remold the 500 into a manly and cool small car... will you then buy another one?

Sorry, I bought a 500 because *I* thought it was fun and cool, not because I thought other people would think I was cool for driving it. Truth is, no matter what car you buy, there will be people who think it's cool (and so are you for driving it), and there will be people who think you're a douche or a tool for setting foot in it. Everything from Kia to Mercedes and Toyota (hehe). They all speak to other people about the person driving it, and everyone has their own personal feeling toward every other type of car.

I'm not digging on you, man, but you really should get over it. You'll probably find better women, women worth keeping, if you focus on impressing them on you, rather than your belongings.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Personally I have no problems with the J. Lo. commercial at all. In watching TV though, I have recently seen that new Prius commercial, where it shows a single large person made up of alot of smaller people, and that really creeps me out. Its the kind of thing that might give you night mares, especially when you realize that the "big person's nose" is actually the lower back and bottom of some smaller person.

Ugggh that's such a creepy commerical :eek:

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is simply the dumbest reason on earth to contemplate taking a $2,000 or more financial hit -- that JLo is featured in an ad. In the final analysis the Fiat will carve out a niche in the small car market because it is fun to drive, has great handling and is a real value.

Fiat5, please, I beg you, let it go.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fiat5, I just read you post again and as a straight, married 61 yr old man, I haven't had anyone point or laugh, haven't had any rich, sexy women want to date me either. ;)

I have a friend who simply loves his Mazda Miata. Sure, it's a chic car, but don't say that to him, he's a retired Navy Seal and might just hurt you. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would ride around with J LO, and tell everyone I know about it. I wish my life was so simple that someone driving a car i love in a commercial would bother me but I live in the real world.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would ride around with J LO, and tell everyone I know about it. I wish my life was so simple that someone driving a car i love in a commercial would bother me but I live in the real world.
Maybe the plan is to have Jlo spend time with each Fiat 500 owner?

...all except FIAT5...:p

1 - 20 of 104 Posts