Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
84 degree outside, in March. Nothing any better, then a drive home in Luigi, sunroof open, Bose/Sirius7 channel sound system cranked up.
Maybe a new 500 Abarth, would be the frosting on the cake. Life is good.:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah it was in the 70s here yesterday. So at lunch I thought, Hey I have a convertible and work 3 minutes from the beach! So I took a hour cruise up past Malibu and back here to Santa Monica. Just feels good in this car. And all of the guys in cars costing 5 times as much on the PCH were still looking on in envy. (at least I thought so)

So where are you in Kansas? My Dad lives in Anthony, about 40 miles east of Wichita

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in a south suburb of Kansas City. Had family from LA. Mom grew up there. Lots of aunts, uncle, and cousins. I have a couple friends, in San Diego, and Long Beach too. Ones a big shot for Toyota.
Would love to live in San Diego. We had NO snow this year to speak of. It's going to be all week of 70's and 80's. Love it

·
Registered
401 Posts
I know it is a lot cheaper to live there. My Dad moved there to retire. Bought a 3 story house on 5 acres with just the equity in his place in Northern CA. He loves it. He is in the middle of nowhere. He says he sees only 1 car or so a day, and he likes it that way. I would go nuts.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We drove to Santa Fe New Mexico last summer, for Vacation. Went though that area. There is nothing out there. Real scary, if your car would brake down. Miles of nothing. Would love to take the 500 on a trip to Santa Fe. My wife grew up, in western Kansas. I'd go nuts too living in a small town.

I'd have a issue moving to California. We have a very large house here. I would have to really down size there. You guys have big time taxes too. I do love the west coast, where I still have family.

I have a good friend, I went to college with At K-State. He lived in Zenda Kansas. Maybe 10-15 mile west of your Dad. Near Kingman. Small world.

·
Registered
588 Posts
84 degree outside, in March. Nothing any better, then a drive home in Luigi, sunroof open, Bose/Sirius7 channel sound system cranked up.
Maybe a new 500 Abarth, would be the frosting on the cake. Life is good.:)

Yay!! Love Luigi!

·
Registered
317 Posts
NH reached a sunny 72 for the second day in a row. Just had a severe thunderstorm go through. Very weird! Sometimes we get thunder snow however this is just wack. This time of year we should have foot of snow on the ground and temps in the mid 30's to lower 40's.
I had a great time riding around today with my sunroof open too!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts