Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the board. I have always appreciated neat looking cars like the fiat, I recently purchased the turbo charged Nissan Juke which I love. I'm looking for a 2nd vehicle now. What do you love about the Fiat? Did you compare against the major car brands before your purchase? What are your dislikes. I apologize in advance if this type of thread has been created before.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
oddly enough, I cross shopped the Fiat and the Juke.

I like the fact this car is appointed and has a quality feel of a car that costs twice as much. There are some cheap plastic parts (the nun's head...the steering column cover) but those are things you seldom touch. It's a nice riding car that is quiet. It doesn't have that appliance feel the Japanese cars tend to have. My mom's Yaris feels wooden. This car feels a little more euro, even though it's not really.

It's a cool looking car with a lot of interior space. It's just fun to drive.

·
Registered
614 Posts
oddly enough, I cross shopped the Fiat and the Juke.
That's weird, I was also looking really hard at the Juke which is also fun to drive.

Deal killer was every dealer was looking to rake me over the coals, wanting 1K or more over MSRP.

Nissan corporate actually called me to ask me why I haven't bought my Juke yet and I told them because their dealers were akin to criminals.

I wonder if the prices have cooled on them yet.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The Juke I looked at was within $750 of the 500C. There was no mark up down my way.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I compared with all the econoboxes (Mazda 3, Yaris, etc) and the mini, even a VW Golf. Aside from the fact I liked the look and feel of the Fiat 500 better than the rest, and how fun it was to drive, the actual cost (especially equally appointed) was usually the same or LESS (often MUCH less (VW and Mini) than the competition. I couldn't imagine paying the same or more for a car I liked less than the Fiat 500.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Ive always wanted a mini but with my 22k(Canadian) it was either a brand née prima edizione or an 07/08 mini Cooper s. I chose the fiat because it's a blast to drive, great on gas , The styling makes the Cooper look fairly outdated , and plus I'm Italian and fiat is part of our automotive heritage

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, all valid points indeed! Next time I stop by the dealer I'll take it for a spin. I also like the fact that even though the car is new to the us, the model has been built for 20 years constantly evolving into what it is today. What really sells me on the micro car comparison against the Asian or European models is all the cool colors to choose from and yet won't break the bank customizing it. Thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
393 Posts
since we are talking about the Nissan Juke here, I would like to bring up something about the Juke which will surprise a lot that don't know whats going on at the moment with the Juke.

If you can picture the powerplant of a Nissan GT-R under the hood of a Nissan Juke, along with the powertrain from the GT-R, you can imagine how amazing it will perform........

:D

Nissan JUKE-R Video 2 - Technology Transfer from GT-R to Juke-R

VIDEO 2 - TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER - As well as the engine and drivetrain, the Nissan GT-R features a wealth of technology and the team faces several challenges in transferring the GT-R's complex driving systems into the body of a JUKE.

Watch all the videos following the build of this amazing car and give us your thoughts on the Nissan JUKE Official Facebook page:
Slowly, but steadily, Nissan is releasing more information and visual material on its crazy Juke-R design project that bonds together the body of the small crossover with the mechanical hardware of the GT-R sports car.
The second consecutive video tells us about the key technologies that are being transferred from the GT-R to the Juke including the electronics, the engine and the drivetrain.

Nissan has yet to inform us about where it plans to debut the two prototype models of the Juke-R (in left- and right-hand derivatives), though the upcoming 42nd Tokyo Motor Show in early December should be a prime candidate.

Nissan Juke GT-R Pictures

·
Registered
825 Posts
In no particular order:

1. Looks great
2. Small
3. Hellacious gas mileage
4. Very affordable
5. A blast to drive
6. Eye-catching
7. Roomy
8. Comes with a lot standard
9. Entertaining owners forum

Ryan

·
Registered
614 Posts
Too funny, so many looked at the Juke (myself included) and ended up with a Fiat, maybe the Juke was just too unique. Don't recall but seems MPG's were significantly different as well.
I would have bought one, but not for 1,000 dollars over MSRP.

I was told the tsunami literally destroyed the plant where the Juke was made, hence the dealership gouging.

I may very well trade my Element in on one down the road once I've got the 500 paid down.

It is a nice ride.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I also looked at the Juke as a small fun to drive car. Reasonably priced and available with AWD were a bonus for the Juke. Real life fuel economy though seemed pretty bad (under 20 mpg). But the dealbreaker for me was how crazy loud the car was. The one I drove might not have been prepped properly, but it was easily the loudest car I've ever driven even at rest.

Stepping into the Fiat is like getting into a compact Audi or Lexus. It just feels much richer than it is. It's all about perception with this car. By many measures it's a tiny econobox, but it appeals to people who would never cross-shop a real econobox. It's much more luxurious and fun to drive. On the sporting side, it's not quite as agile or fast as the Mini, but it offers a much better ride in a nicer and quieter environment.

Frankly, it's a steal for what you're getting and so much fun to drive around the city.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts