Fiat 500 Forum banner

461 - 474 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking for a set of front Abarth springs. Once I find a set, I'll be selling my Madness springs. I'm unsure which version Madness they are because they were installed by the previous owner. He bought the car in April 2017 so they are probably the most recent version but I can't be sure. I'd post in the classifieds but the forum won't let me yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Eibach lowering rating

What was the original lowering rating on the Eibachs? I just ordered Vogtland that are rated at 1" / 1.4" on the Turbo or Abarth and am wondering what that will mean given the extra 500lbs.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
My lowered 500e: Just cut stock 500e coils...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
It's a little firmer now than our 500T, but certainly livable. It probably helps that I retained a 15" rim, so there is enough extra sidewall to dampen harshness.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
How much did you cut front vs rear?
I think the rear was about 3/4 coil with about 1" cut off the bump stops, and the front was a measurement based on the extended length of the struts when assembled, meaning once I had the assembly off the car, I measured the distance from the underside of the bottom strut to the top side of the hat. Then when the coil was disassembled, I made sure the cut was taller than that dimension, plus 1/2" to insure proper preload on the spring when re-assembling.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thank you, but I'm not quite sure I follow. I don't suppose you kept the "scraps" you cut off, to send us a pic?

Also, if you were doing it all over again, what would you do different?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Thank you, but I'm not quite sure I follow. I don't suppose you kept the "scraps" you cut off, to send us a pic?

Also, if you were doing it all over again, what would you do different?
What needs clarification? My scraps are long gone, and everything turned out perfect, so no do-over wishes :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally done with my mods. Did the abarth front strut/spring and 1coil cut plus Koni rear. Still very comfortable. I will say that the 7.5x17 ET40 were a bit harder to fit than expected. Has 3/8 spacers right now which gives it 5mm distance between tire and strut in front. Pretty big shoes for the little one ...
Choosing 205/45 made the car much quieter. The larger and heavier wheels come at a range cost though (100mi -> 75-80mi).

Attachments

461 - 474 of 474 Posts