Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i was thinking about lowering my fiat and i have a few questions. I dont have the money for coilover so im just going to go with lowering springs and i think i want to go with the eibach pro kit, but 500 madness has a kit that drops the car about the same. What do you guys think? and will lowering springs wear out the shocks or struts any faster? i have never really done mods to my car and i just want to pick the right products.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
We're divided on here. Eicrap vs H&R. You know which side I'm on.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've used Eibach springs in many different cars. I like them and will continue to use them. I think they make a good product.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
oh, I've had H&Rs on 2 VWs and an Audi. Also a good product.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've had confusion on two fords and a nissan. Also a good product.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i confused the fiat dealer and traded in a ford
used eibachs on all my rx7's
i might just clip my rear spring like Zonker check out his 600's height and videos on
you tube.....

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've had my first experience with Eibach springs recently. Wow, what a product. :) I wouldn't know what to recommend in regards to the 500 selection just yet, but the Pro kit does not disappoint.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm trying to decide as well. I've spoken with RRM and Maddness and still am undecided with the few spring options available.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I had eibachs on a previous car. No problems ever. Had a friend buy H&R for a mercedes c class. they broke. Also the factory ones break, that might have been a mercedes design fault on that car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has anyone here done a side by side comparison with stance, feel, ride quality, etc?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have run Eibachs on my CC for the past 2 years/53k miles and on past cars. They do a good job designing the spring to work with the stock dampers. I have no experience with H & R's so I can't comment. With most coil overs you get ride height adjustability and spending more will get you dampening adjustability. Unless you plan on tracking the car, I would just do the springs with the stock dampers.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Sagging on the Eibachs for me, never again.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm personally debating springs now (h&r/madness/eibach) or save up and pick up a set of coilovers (st/bc) closer to the summer...

For those of you that have springs, do you find the ride to be very bouncy?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Lorvar, so after having the H&R for a while, are you still pleased with them?
Yes sir, 6 months and going. Here are the pics

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
For those of you that have springs, do you find the ride to be very bouncy?
With the 15" rims, no change, with the 16" it's firmer, but manageable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
After reading reviews I have crossed off Eibach on my list. Now it's down to Madness and H&R. What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Any lowering springs aren't gonna be perfect without some decent shocks, since the OEM shocks work out of there comfort zone!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 20 of 49 Posts