Fiat 500 Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
I however have found something really weird i cannot explain. I charge from 70 miles to 99 miles in about 3 hours.
What is the change in battery percentage when that happens?

The range estimate is a complex calculation based on a lot of factors, and it is not unusual to change significantly when it recalculates. However, the battery percentage should change consistently.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is the change in battery percentage when that happens?

The range estimate is a complex calculation based on a lot of factors, and it is not unusual to change significantly when it recalculates. However, the battery percentage should change consistently.
I will note it next time, i unfortunately have not paid attention. I should look more at the % versus miles.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver)
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Ya, for cranking a gas engine, which is by far the most load ever needed from a gas car's 12V, & is MUCH more than ever needed by a 500e. My own 12V is now over 6.5 years old, & so worn that it drops from about 12.5 at shutdown, to 12.00 in a couple days. It's probably at around half its original CCA capacity or less, & likely wouldn't even crank a very small gas engine but it starts my 500e fine, with no warnings yet, but I carry a little Li-ion jumpstarter since I expect it to fail any day now.
Do jumpstarters even work on electric vehicles I figure those things are made to jump as in like help crank a gasser. If those actually work on EV I better carry one mine still has oem battery from 2017. I do have a spare H5 battery in mygarage if it does take a dump tho.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver)
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I will note it next time, i unfortunately have not paid attention. I should look more at the % versus miles.
i ignore the GOM as of lately but for reference my 500e eats up about 1% battery a mile during my highway driving to work and back. It’s pretty accurate too, I drive 37 miles to work and left with 63-64% on avg regardless how cold or warm it was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i ignore the GOM as of lately but for reference my 500e eats up about 1% battery a mile during my highway driving to work and back. It’s pretty accurate too, I drive 37 miles to work and left with 63-64% on avg regardless how cold or warm it was.
It's heating up in Texas, tomorrow its going to be 89! How does the car perform under hot weather? It should be 100+ soon for about 3 months. What should i expect?

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,548 Posts
It's about the same when warm as when cool (but not freezing). The battery is so much more efficient when warm that with moderate A/C usage I get nearly the exact same range as when it's cool & A/C is off (my humidity sensor is unplugged).

I too average almost exactly 1 mile per %, ever since I got it with under 10k miles over 6.5 years ago (I have over 24k now). When I happen to glance at the GOM it usually reads the same as the % gauge. For example 55% & 55 mi. However, hen I glance at it near either end of a hill or speed change (like getting on the freeway) it's hilariously inaccurate.

The manual has jump-starting instructions, so I don't see any reason why a jumpstarter wouldn't work. I plan to find out myself, if my 6.5-year-old 12V battery would hurry up & die already!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
It's heating up in Texas, tomorrow its going to be 89! How does the car perform under hot weather? It should be 100+ soon for about 3 months. What should i expect?
the car does better in slightly warmer climates then cold but not last Vegas hot or Chicago winter. This car does best in mild weather all year long like California though. So far I’m loving it, I bet my favorite gas station misses me I haven’t been to one in 3 weeks when I used to visit same one twice a week haha I don’t even know how much gas is as of late.

Does anyone know if there is a charcoal cabin filter available for this car I have it in my Volkswagen and I love it and I don’t like smelling peoples exhaust or foul odors outside when I have it in vent mode. Charcoal cabin filter on my Golf is amazing, I can drive though a duck farm and not even notice the smell. I can’t seem to find anything but the regular paper ones.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a charcoal cabin filter available for this car I have it in my Volkswagen and I love it and I don’t like smelling peoples exhaust or foul odors outside when I have it in vent mode. Charcoal cabin filter on my Golf is amazing, I can drive though a duck farm and not even notice the smell. I can’t seem to find anything but the regular paper ones.
It appears that the part number for the cabin filter for the gas Fiat 500 is the same as the one for the electric 500e. A quick Amazon search shows all kinds of cabin filters. Some are charcoal. Mopar part # for a regular cabin filter 68096453AA. Use that to search Amazon.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,548 Posts
the car does better in slightly warmer climates then cold but not last Vegas hot or Chicago winter.
I was going to agree, but then I realized it does GREAT in Vegas hot or Chicago winter. The latter just reduces the range to barely over the national daily average (about 150% of the average work commute).

101 - 110 of 110 Posts