Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Magnaflow exhaust Saturday from Pro 3 Planet Magnaflow. I called today with a few questions and Mike was very helpful. It shipped today. I should have it Wedneday or Thursday. I installed a Mopar Performance cold air on Saturday, the exhaust will be next and then maybee a Sprint Booster. If you are considering this exhaust I highly reccomend contacting Planet Magnaflow @ www.pro3i.com They run specials that offer significant discounts.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
My MagnaFlow catback system was $730.73 from carID. Shipping was also free from them. They ARE well made. Front resonator and rear muffler are both polished stainless steel with all seams welded (not crimped). Sounds as good on my car as it does in the clip with the white 500!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
give us an idea on price?

says $730 on site with asks
an offer tab. thy makes
me
think
it goes lower.

Sent from my Argento 500
Ok add it to you cart and then look at the lower center where it says coupon code, it should give you a code to enter. Shipping also free, UPS ground.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
give us an idea on price?

says $730 on site with asks
an offer tab. thy makes
me
think
it goes lower.

Sent from my Argento 500
Did you get my PM ? yes it goes lower. or you can make an offer. Start with the coed first!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The Magnaflow is a cat back - not an axle back.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
axle back vs cat back what what's the cost dif fence. Does the stock rear resonater stay or
go?
Sent from my Argento 500
The Magnaflow and Borla systems are cat back, everything from the converter goes ( into storage, never discard good parts ) The Magnaflow is a true bolt on where the Borla has you cut your front pipe and clamp theirs on about 6-8 inches from the flange joint. The Borla system is a 2" dia. where the Magnaflow is 2.25" dia. Both are on u-tube if you trust the audio.
The Mopar Performance is listed as a cat back but is an axel back so I did not take it. If I remember correct it was $535.00 at the parts counter.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
O. K. ordered exhaust Saturday and it arrived FedEx on Wednesday. The quality of the system is very nice, all welded muffler and resonator as stated in a prior post, stainless muffler and pipes and mandrel bends. The system comes in 3 pieces and installation is pretty straight forward. If you are unsure have a reputable shop handle the installation. The sound is very close to the video on You-Tube. The same video is also on the planet Magnaflow site www.pro3i.com.
With the Mopar cold air and the exhaust the car really breathes, has a nice sports car sound and is a blast to drive. I am unable to report on any mileage change at this point. My only 2 complaints would be there is a slight drone at 75 - 80 and the the dual outlet tail pipe tends to sit a bit tucked in with the Sport bumper. I will make some adjustments to the tail pipes. Bumper Automotive exterior Car Vehicle Auto part Auto part Muffler Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
With the Mopar cold air and the exhaust the car really breathes, has a nice sports car sound and is a blast to drive. I am unable to report on any mileage change at this point. My only 2 complaints would be there is a slight drone at 75 - 80 and the the dual outlet tail pipe tends to sit a bit tucked in with the Sport bumper. I will make some adjustments to the tail pipes. View attachment 1392 View attachment 1398
Looks like you may be able to adjust them out some. If you get them really visible you might find that the pipe, where it goes over the rear axle, will bang into the body whenever the engine moves (at least I did).

Looks REAL good! I haven't driven that fast since I got mine installed.:) Still sounds AWESOME!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Really like the dual tip look and considered it myself but with what little I have invested, the awesome sound and the benefit of the weight reduction I couldn't be happier. If I'd did the MF I'd have a bit more back pressure and weight than I do now so either way works really well, looks so good, CONGRATS!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Axelback exists

Ask your Magnaflow dealer,the shop here just installed axel back Part #s were on the Magnaflow website
....I was there!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
.. I installed a Mopar Performance cold air on Saturday, the exhaust will be next and then maybee a Sprint Booster. ..
I too have the Mopar CAI. What do you think of it? I also am seriously considering the Sprint Booster.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dual tips look good. Notice any performance differences?
Yea, deffintly breaths better, you can tell when you drive it gets RPM's quicker. It did not make a world of difference, just a little more air out, quicker R's, and just seems to move along with less effort.
I am very happy with the sound also. Idle is very quiet but when you start to move along it has a nice throaty sound. I would have liked to here a Borla in person, but the price I got on the Maganflow really couldnt be beat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I too have the Mopar CAI. What do you think of it? I also am seriously considering the Sprint Booster.
The quality of the Mopar CAI was great. Several months back I spoke with the owner of C&L. I was looking at options for my Mustang. Any way he goes into ths speal about how much each bend in any given cai dissrupts air flow. He really knew his stuff. Any way, you look at the Mopar cai and there is 3 bends and 2 curves, but our filter is lower and away from engine heat. Other CAI's are much shorter but put the filter up high where engine heat will surround the filter. All this may be splitting hairs, but important to consider. 2 things I look at for a cold air is: 1) are there dyno results to back any claimed HP/TQ gains. 2) Is the cai desinged around a tune. In other words is a tune needed to maintain "safe" air/fuel ratios. I felt safe with the mopar system cause I figure they have ALL the data to design a cai for their car.

As far as the Sprint, with a 30 day garuntee I guess you cant go wrong, I just worry about the computer logging different values for throttle input, having a warranty issue, and Chrysler/Fiat not backing the claim.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts