Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here and new to a fiat 500 I just bought my 1st one a few weeks ago and am loving it!! My question which has probably already been covered but I can not find is I would like to just replace the factory muffler on it and put a Magnaflow one one but don’t know which one to buy? I have a 2013 pop and just want a little more noise from it. After owning this I definitely want a abarth later on!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put a magnaflow on mine. I don't have the model# off hand, however it was the cylindrical design, because the original exhaust shop I went to near my work and screwed things up by using an oval design. It kept hitting against the supports underneath. After SEVERAL attempts for those douches to fix the issue (they were clueless), I cut my losses and went to the exhaust shop I've dealt with for years near my house. They corrected it and used another magnaflow that's cylindrical. For the amount I payed, I could have almost paid for a complete cat-back, but that was because I trusted a shop I've never dealt with, so that was on me.

Anyway, long winded answer, but use a cylindrical design. Can't remember the length they said they used, but they would have to measure it first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks man that definitely helps to know that! That sucks a actual shop couldn’t get it right but that just goes to show places will hire anyone. Do you like the sound of it? I don’t want something that sounds like a Honda or something like that which I think with these cars they have a unique sound well from what I have heard so far anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I only have the muffler and it sounds good the way it is. I've used magnaflow for many years on many 4cyl cars so I knew what to expect. In this case, it's not as high pitched as a Honda, but you won't get the deep tone of a V8 or V6 either.

I'll try to get a sound clip later today or tomorrow if I can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome thanks bro! Yeah I definitely don’t want a high pitch for sure. I love the sound of most of the abarths I have heard and wanted something similar to that. I think what you have would be perfect for what I want. I can normally get parts at a good price and can have a friend weld It on because that’s all him and his family do is build cars from the ground up and sell them so I trust there welding. I really appreciate you responding back and helping me out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
On the Fiat 500. There are some You Tube video of the Magaflow muffler sound.
This is exactly what my car sounds like, for reference

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thanks for the help I really appreciate it! I’m definitely going to go with one now i just got to make sure I get the right size. Not sure exactly when but most likely in a couple of weeks when I do I will put up my info on what I use and hopefully sound if I figure out how lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts