Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fiat offers online manual, it's what I used. Techauthority.com
You paid $120?

This one is more reasonable at $28 and probably would suffice, but says sold out. :(

This company charges $16.99 mo or $39.99 for 4yrs. $16.99 plus screen capture or print to .PDF sounds like a winner. Not sure if they are legit though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have not confirmed the fuse rating yet on the PDC, but did find the specs on the heater that the PDC feeds.
6 Kw
350v

Probably why many say the SOC quickly drops when running the heater.

6 Kw should be plenty enough for my application, but I still want to confirm those fuse ratings.

If I just forgo the heater I can get the connector that runs to the PDC for under $100, snip the heater end, run to a breaker and will have a simple plug and play 6 Kw limited access to the HV.

Or spend another $100+ on a used PDC to make a T-harness.

First option is probably best until I confirm it all works.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just FYI. Had to go look up PDC: Power Distribution Center. I guess it's the fancy new name for a fusebox in a car.

Question: Did pulling off the cover of the HVPDC in the engine bay trigger the HVIC (High Voltage Interruptor Circuit IIRC) loop that is supposed to cutoff power if any of the high voltage components are uncovered?

ga2500ev

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just FYI. Had to go look up PDC: Power Distribution Center. I guess it's the fancy new name for a fusebox in a car.

Question: Did pulling off the cover of the HVPDC in the engine bay trigger the HVIC (High Voltage Interruptor Circuit IIRC) loop that is supposed to cutoff power if any of the high voltage components are uncovered?

ga2500ev
I think there may be a relay inside the PDC as well, there is a separate 2 wire connection on top of where the HV connector is. I assume it's 12v based on small wire size. Have not confirmed yet. I tried to get an online manual yesterday and they ended up refunding me my paypal. WTH? Need to find another source.

No.
Pulled the cover off. Stuck my leads into the test points. Opened the driver side door and HV came on. Closed door, and it went off after a few minutes. Did the same with the key in accessory and ready position. HV remained on, until I shut it off.

Next test I suppose, would be to unplug the heater and see what, if any, codes it throws.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts