Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to mention this ...the dealer mentioned Fiat releasing an addendum to the free maintenance plan. Dealer covered oil changes are now at 4000 miles. If your oil change indicatot is on, Fiat covers the service.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what she said. It came out last week.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's my understanding that the US is getting all the free oil changes Canada would have gotten. So now you are down to zero. It's payback for all of those terrible Bryan Adams albums and tricking us southerners into thinking Poutine was a good idea.

·
Registered
825 Posts
This will be interesting to see how this plays out for me. My service department told me that the free oil changes for the first 36K miles were in actuality capped at four oil changes max.

·
Registered
614 Posts
This will be interesting to see how this plays out for me. My service department told me that the free oil changes for the first 36K miles were in actuality capped at four oil changes max.
I saw an ad several weeks ago of my dealer offering oil changes for life, but it said at (I believe) 7K intervals.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's my understanding that the US is getting all the free oil changes Canada would have gotten. So now you are down to zero. It's payback for all of those terrible Bryan Adams albums and tricking us southerners into thinking Poutine was a good idea.
You mean they're going to charge me double for oil changes now??? Despite our Dollar being worth more, and us paying more for the car, options, and PDI, we have a worse warranty with no free services to begin with.
As far as I'm concerned you suckers get what you deserve. Now go out there and buy a Celine Dion record! Hoo yah.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

KNEEL BEFORE KZOD!

·
Registered
794 Posts
You mean they're going to charge me double for oil changes now??? Despite our Dollar being worth more, and us paying more for the car, options, and PDI, we have a worse warranty with no free services to begin with.
As far as I'm concerned you suckers get what you deserve. Now go out there and buy a Celine Dion record! Hoo yah.
Exactly. Freight here is $1,400.00 and I think its $5,00.00 in Washington State.
Our pop doesn't have A/C, and costs more than the US Pop.

At least we get the speedo in the 'correct' units.

And they think I'm not going to haggle and bargain on price? Think again.

Oh, and make 'em watch Titanic over and over and over....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Actually, it's not all bad here. At least we can get a lounge with a manual transmission, and at the higher trims the price gouging isn't 'too' bad. And since most car manufacturers rip us off much worse, the Fiat comes out seemingly at par with us pricing.

And our politics are infinitely better. No communist president being attacked by red-necked ignoramus's who keep insisting on seeing his birth certificate. And obviously you can't ignore how much better our beer is. French Canadians are a bit nuts, but the girls are hot. :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
I was going to mention the beer, but I restrained myself....

But is this true? We can get a manual lounge and 'they' cannot? I never paid much attention to the lounge because I'm looking at a sport.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The only reason your beer is better is because Unibroue is in Canada. The only reason at all!

And no, Lounge is auto-only. Hence, you are "lounging" in it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was going to mention the beer, but I restrained myself....

But is this true? We can get a manual lounge and 'they' cannot? I never paid much attention to the lounge because I'm looking at a sport.
Yup, I guess in the states they figure the lounges will all go to women and metrosexuals. But up north they realized that Real Men want luxury and a manual transmission while listening to Rush on our Bose stereos. :D Actually, I must admit that I enjoyed driving an auto cabrio. It`s a well designed transmission perfectly mated to the character of the car. I might have even considered switching if I didn`t mind 1) spending the extra cash (up front, maintenance, and the extra fuel) and 2) sharing the car with my wife who doesn`t drive manuals. :cool:

The Sport is a nice alternative, and I love the look (especially those gorgeous wheels), but after extensive drives in all models I realized that I despised the harsher suspension which made the car bounce while driving at speed on the highway. Having a tight suspension is great, but with this limited power I found no real advantage to it. The pops and lounges I drove handled corners just as well without the annoying bounce characteristics. Oh, and as others have noted the leather seats are insanely nice.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think Fiat just assumed you canucks liked grabbing for sticks with knobs on them.:D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think Fiat just assumed you canucks liked grabbing for sticks with knobs on them.:D
WTH, you have a webcam spying on me or something? **** that's spooky. You should change your nick to Kreskin! :eek: For the record, I only do that with my own knob, this is not an invitation! :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oil Change Interval

IF you're dealer said it only applied to four oil changes total, they're lying.

The owner's manual states on page 296 that "Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 8,000 miles (13,000km) or six months, whichever comes first".
The free scheduled maintenance would need to comply with that requirement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts