Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: Just read the 36 month maintenance warranty. Sure looks good if it is as printed. No costs for 36 months????

Anybody know for sure?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Hi: Just read the 36 month maintenance warranty. Sure looks good if it is as printed. No costs for 36 months????

Anybody know for sure?

Yep.......in more than one place.......:)

Wear Items excluded.

This is just normal scheduled maintianance........:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
From what little I read on the European owners manual this thing only needs an oil change at 18,000 miles. So two oil changes in 36,000 miles is not a lot of free maintenance.

I am not sure that North Americans will be willing to go 18k between oil changes. Europeans go much beyond that and think we are kinda nuts for changing our oil so often. I have a British friend with a Miata that changes the oil every 25K miles. He was up over 200k last time I saw him and claimed he could have put a new engine in it with what he has saved on $40 oil changes at 6k intervals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doesn't look bad from what I can tell. Probably trying to alleviate any fears.

http://fiatofcolumbus.blogspot.com/2011/03/fiat-forward-care-bob-boyd-fiat.html

FIAT FORWARD CARE™

FIAT is raising the bar by including FIAT FORWARD CARE™ standard on every 2012 FIAT 500. FIAT FORWARD CARE™ provides comprehensive 4 YEAR/50,000 Mile warranty coverage PLUS many additional elements to enrich your ownership experience. At no cost to you, enjoy 3 Year/36,000 Mile maintenance, roadside assistance, trip interruption and car rental. Life is better when driven...with confidence

FIAT FORWARD CARE™ BENEFITS:

4 YEARS/50,000 MILES
Basic Limited Warranty ( as outlined in your 2012 USER GUIDE )
$30 First Day Rental Car Allowance or Taxi Reimbursement ( same day mechanical or maintenance service visit, excludes body work )
Extended Car Rental Allowance or Taxi Reimbursement ( for overnight repairs on covered components, 5-day maximum per occurrence )
3 YEARS/36,000 MILES
Scheduled Maintenance - Oil, Oil Filter Changes and Lubrication Service ( as outlined in the 2012 User's Guide )
Wear Coverage - Includes brakes, (rotors, pads, linings & drums), wiper blades and clutch discs or modular clutch assembly ( as equipped )
4 YEARS/UNLIMITED MILES
"Sign-And-Go" Towing and Roadside Assistance ( includes towing, flat-tire service, battery jump, out-of-gas fuel delivery and lockout service ie. keys locked in car or frozen lock )
$1000 Trip Interruption Coverage Provides up to $1000 for lodging, meals and car rental expense if:
(1) the vehicle is inoperable due to a component failure covered by the factory warranty AND
(2) The failure occurs more than 100 miles from home

·
Registered
6 Posts
A new Fiat dealership opened in Portland, Oregon last year, and at first they wouldn't honor the 3-yr/36k full maintenance warranty. It took 3 visits and threats of suing the dealership in small claims court, but eventually they relented and are going to honor it. I guess the newer Fiats don't have this "complimentary 3-yr maintenance", because the dealership service dept. told me they hadn't ever had a Fiat with that kind of deal. It's printed on all my 2012 Pop manuals and maintenance schedules, so it's not rocket science. And yet I heard from another source that even Fiat are not honoring this part of the purchase package!

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's odd, the dealer just submits the VIN and gets reimbursed, idk why they wouldn't honor it
New Fiats have a free 3 year/36 month maintenance package but it's really just 3 oil changes and tire rotations, may or may not get you all the way through 3/36, still not bad for being free though

·
Registered
12,585 Posts
I like the Fiat introduction 3 year, 36 month maintance. It covered every schedule thing on my car. There wasn't a restriction, of oil changes. Covered even head lamps. I was maintance free, up to 2 months ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts