Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was just my Sport but i have since read about it on this forum that it seems to be a common problem. Has anyone mentioned it to FIAT when the brought the car in for service? If so what's the resolution. I have it on my punch list for the first service; but so far, at 5,800 miles, no service light.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It happens on my 500C and my Harley-Davidson Street Glide. Don't think there is anything you can do about it. Let me know if you figure it out.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had heard that the dealer can reflash it or something like that? :confused: Otherwise they should change it.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
WOW, yours must be really bad. I read back in August about this, so I set my clock ahead 2 minutes. this morning it's still 1 minute fast, so that's close enough for me. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
It happens on my 500C and my Harley-Davidson Street Glide. Don't think there is anything you can do about it. Let me know if you figure it out.
its a little know fact that, in fact, the 500 and the HD Street-Glide have the only accurate clocks known to man.

all others have been corrupted by internet viruses and global terrorists.......:p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say every 2 days I lose a minute. What is really frustrating is that I can't reset it while I am driving. By the time I stop the car...I've forotten I want to reset it and don't notice it until I'm driving again. I've just never had a car with a digital clock that loses time that quickly. I've got a 1969 Jaguar E-Type that keeps better time than the Sport...:eek:

·
Registered
145 Posts
My TomTom GPS (not the Fiat one) is consistently off by 4 minutes and there is no way to change it. Very frustrating. Haven't checked the one in my Sport, will do that tomorrow when I'm messing around trying to figure out how to disable 'Trip B'.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Mine's the same, I have to reset it every couple of weeks. I've also gotten the flash and it didn't help.

Not a major thing to me, just a little quirk.

·
Registered
175 Posts
its a little know fact that, in fact, the 500 and the HD Street-Glide have the only accurate clocks known to man.

all others have been corrupted by internet viruses and global terrorists.......:p
Good to know. I'll stop worrying about it!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
It's either losing time, or verizon is adding time to my phone.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My clock loses 5 minutes every 10 days. It is. Very frustrating but not worth it to take a day off work to go to the dealer for a clock. So I'll wait until my next service visit.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't noticed it a bit.

Then again, my Jetta was an hour and 27 minutes off and I just never bothered to fix it, I just knew.

Oh and all the clocks in my house show different times.

I'm not really a good judge of this, then, am I?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I haven't noticed it a bit.

Then again, my Jetta was an hour and 27 minutes off and I just never bothered to fix it, I just knew.

Oh and all the clocks in my house show different times.

I'm not really a good judge of this, then, am I?
I have the same problem. My alarm clock in my bedroom is about 2.5 hr fast. My cell phone is whatever AT&T says it is. My Stove and Microwave vary, depending on when the last time was that the power went off. Both my computer and Cable are determined by my cable company (I think), though they do seem to differ a bit. And finally, I think that my VCR has just shown "--:--" for as long as I can remember.

As such, having my car off a bit doesn't really bother me.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
513 Posts
And finally, I think that my VCR has just shown "--:--" for as long as I can remember.
I didn't think anyone still owned a VCR! Isn't that almost like saying you have an 8 track player?! It just isn't all that common! ?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 117 Posts