Fiat 500 Forum banner

Making big changes to my 500 sport

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  phattbam 
#1 ·
Hey there everyone I have sport and right now I am working on the motor. I have changed out the spark plugs made my own custom intake that sits by the battery. I had to swap out the battery will small battery I am running a tiny 12 volt battery from a 2010 Prius. This allows the intake to sit there right ontop and get fresh air. I just finished the exhaust wow it sounds good. Next up I am swapping out the rotors with cross drilled. I have new rims on the way then springs as soon as I can get them. Wow this little 1.4 is pulling hard with my little changes so far. I am not sure how much the stock tranny and clutch can take but I am going to find out.

#4 ·
Why, and what benifit did you get by swapping out the springs, What were there and what did you change it with. and yes pics please.

Thanks in advance

Alex[/

I do not have the springs yet as the one I want is not for sale yet. The benefit with springs will be 500 will look better as it will sit lower and handle better but I do not want a choppy ride but sport handles real good right now. Better summer compound tires will make big difference.

#7 ·
Sorry man not ready to show off my custom intake yet as I plan on selling them as kits and I do not want anyone stealing my hard work until I web site is up and I am ready to sell them. I am sure you understand. But I will say this it is very well made system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.