Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Success!!

I have been working with someone at fiat on getting this whole situation to work for me and swapping out the MTC for the ATC. So far I've purchased the parts which include 2actuators, 2 temperature probes, the wiring harness, the dash control, blower motor module. It would seem that the rest of the parts, by parts comparison on the official parts site, are the same between the two ac units. Also, the housing unit, which is that big black plastic case inside the dash, is identical as well and in my MTC it is already fitted for screw attachments and placements of the different electrical parts for the ATC unit. The dash control also fits in the old place. Only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not the wiring will all fit in, but the power supply modules that power both systems seem to be the identical as far as part number and thus I assume that it should fit with the new wiring. The only thing that will not work, is the seat heater/esc/fog lights module, since that seams to be powered off from the speedometer/behind the wheel display wiring harness and not associated with the ac wiring harness, thus if you receive a different modules hen u purchase a new dash control for the ac you have to unscrew in from the dash and mount the one that came with your car.
still waiting on the parts that I ordered so not sure how everything will work out yet, or if it will need any programming. I sure hope not!

Update on what's going on with the ac swap. So turns out everything is plug and play!

so here is a steps I took to do this

1- purchase the parts from fiatpartswebstore.com everything without the dash was about 280 with shipping Search for a AC unit named HAB for ATC, the HAA is the MTC so you can compare parts. Or find them elsewhere online. Check ebay for dash unit. I got mine at 25$ at auction But they usually range around 175. might luck out too

Here are the parts:
2 PROBE. Air Conditioning.68096464AA $12.03
1WIRING. A/C and HEATER.68096465AA $86.32
1ACTUATOR. . Mode.68096472AA $24.51
1ACTUATOR. . Air Mix.68096473AA $31.72
1MODULE. Power. Blower Motor. . [HAB].68101157AA $69.10
1 PLATE. Actuator. 68093390AA $6.24

you need the actuator plate otherwise you can't mount the left actuator. learned that the hard way, had to order separately

2- install the left actuator, by removing the old pulley assembly which is the pull wire, wire mount, white lever and black pulley. careful not to break the housing pegs when pulling out old assembly, they have clips on them. unclip then pull out, do not bend or they snap easily, they are very brittle, had to super glue one and it worked thankfully. Replace with the new actuator and levers and bolt them on.

3- feed harness through and attach to mounting clips basically rewire the whole thing.

4- remove wire pulley for right side and add actuator mountated on the actuator plate. see parts list don't remove any parts on the right just install plate mounted actuator and make sure to light up the arrows on the gears.

5- Drill out holes for the two temp probes, use a big bit in to the circular spaces designated and clip the probes in and silicon on top so no air leaks out.

6- drill out the square mounting place on housing for the blower module with the heat sink and bolt it in. BTW keep in mind the mountings for all three things you need to drill are already there, just sealed but need to drill through.

7-connect everything :) and you will notice there is one more jack that doesn't go anywhere and the whole unit doesn't work :( this is the ****** part

8- how to solve the connectorless jack on harness problem. the connector jack is C103 you can follow the diagram and any other wiring thing from this website.
https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

when you do so and select a fiat that has the ATC such as the 2013 fiat 500 abarth. then find the connector C103 under AC and heating, then play around with the site till you figure out how it works. basically you need to supply the connections for three circuits A938,D41,D42 . then you will realize that that white connector is the CANBUS connector, for MTC models there is no wiring for that so you need to wire your won cables and make your own harness. basically run three wires from the BCM to the white jack on the harness. look up the BCM diagrams on the chrysler website, to figure out how to wire it. there are three wires on the white jack on the harness, orange, blue and white. the orange goes to the BCM C5 at port 29 and the blue and white go to BCM C1 at ports 57 and 58 i think. DO NOT GO BASED ON MY DIRECTIONS ALONE!! go verify everything so you understand how to wire it. or have someone do it for you after you give them the diagram. its super easy to do, took me like 10 minutes, but its just as easy to mess up!

9-after you are sure repack everything connect the two BCM connectors back into the BCM and feed your wires through and connect them to the which jack. at that point you can turn the car on and everything should work perfectly! and thats it.

ask questions on here and ill try to answer it, keep in mind i don't check this that often. but i think you should be able to figure out how to do this if you are attempting to do this project in the first place. its not hard at all. using the fiat parts webstore and the chrysler diagrams website, you can easily repair anything in the car. otherwise if i had this manual i just wrote for you guys would of made my lift much easier its not a complicated project at all, just takes some time. the hardest thing was figuring out the diagrams and how to wire it. but the website is self explanatory.

or you can go to a fiat dealership and they can tell you how IMPOSSIBLE this is and its by VIN number only :)

btw sorry for spelling and grammar. I'm tired haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on what's going on with the ac swap. So turns out everything is plug and play!

so here is a steps I took to do this

1- purchase the parts from fiatpartswebstore.com everything without the dash was about 280 with shipping Search for a AC unit named HAB for ATC, the HAA is the MTC so you can compare parts. Or find them elsewhere online. Check ebay for dash unit. I got mine at 25$ at auction But they usually range around 175. might luck out too

Here are the parts:
2 PROBE. Air Conditioning.68096464AA $12.03
1WIRING. A/C and HEATER.68096465AA $86.32
1ACTUATOR. . Mode.68096472AA $24.51
1ACTUATOR. . Air Mix.68096473AA $31.72
1MODULE. Power. Blower Motor. . [HAB].68101157AA $69.10
1 PLATE. Actuator. 68093390AA $6.24

you need the actuator plate otherwise you can't mount the left actuator. learned that the hard way, had to order separately

2- install the left actuator, by removing the old pulley assembly which is the pull wire, wire mount, white lever and black pulley. careful not to break the housing pegs when pulling out old assembly, they have clips on them. unclip then pull out, do not bend or they snap easily, they are very brittle, had to super glue one and it worked thankfully. Replace with the new actuator and levers and bolt them on.

3- feed harness through and attach to mounting clips basically rewire the whole thing.

4- remove wire pulley for right side and add actuator mountated on the actuator plate. see parts list don't remove any parts on the right just install plate mounted actuator and make sure to light up the arrows on the gears.

5- Drill out holes for the two temp probes, use a big bit in to the circular spaces designated and clip the probes in and silicon on top so no air leaks out.

6- drill out the square mounting place on housing for the blower module with the heat sink and bolt it in. BTW keep in mind the mountings for all three things you need to drill are already there, just sealed but need to drill through.

7-connect everything :) and you will notice there is one more jack that doesn't go anywhere and the whole unit doesn't work :( this is the ****** part

8- how to solve the connectorless jack on harness problem. the connector jack is C103 you can follow the diagram and any other wiring thing from this website.
https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

when you do so and select a fiat that has the ATC such as the 2013 fiat 500 abarth. then find the connector C103 under AC and heating, then play around with the site till you figure out how it works. basically you need to supply the connections for three circuits A938,D41,D42 . then you will realize that that white connector is the CANBUS connector, for MTC models there is no wiring for that so you need to wire your won cables and make your own harness. basically run three wires from the BCM to the white jack on the harness. look up the BCM diagrams on the chrysler website, to figure out how to wire it. there are three wires on the white jack on the harness, orange, blue and white. the orange goes to the BCM C5 at port 29 and the blue and white go to BCM C1 at ports 57 and 58 i think. DO NOT GO BASED ON MY DIRECTIONS ALONE!! go verify everything so you understand how to wire it. or have someone do it for you after you give them the diagram. its super easy to do, took me like 10 minutes, but its just as easy to mess up!

9-after you are sure repack everything connect the two BCM connectors back into the BCM and feed your wires through and connect them to the which jack. at that point you can turn the car on and everything should work perfectly! and thats it.

ask questions on here and ill try to answer it, keep in mind i don't check this that often. but i think you should be able to figure out how to do this if you are attempting to do this project in the first place. its not hard at all. using the fiat parts webstore and the chrysler diagrams website, you can easily repair anything in the car. otherwise if i had this manual i just wrote for you guys would of made my lift much easier its not a complicated project at all, just takes some time. the hardest thing was figuring out the diagrams and how to wire it. but the website is self explanatory.

or you can go to a fiat dealership and they can tell you how IMPOSSIBLE this is and its by VIN number only :)

btw sorry for spelling and grammar. I'm tired haha
now, anyone have an extra mirror control switch,the one that sits at the drivers door, that has extra laying around, i broke mine and don't want to pay 50 bucks for a new one from fiat. PM me and maybe we can work out a deal! thanx everyone! hope my tutorial helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ran into a problem problem... for some reason the BCM did not respond to the new dash. Talked to a tech, and they told me that in order to get it working, i have to swap my 2012 fiat BCM for a 2013 Fiat Abarth BCM in order to get it to work and they still have to flash it afterwards. ill keep you all posted. not as easy as i though. it was working but i did not check whether the AC works. and with the new set up it doesn't. so ill try to find the BCM and have it flashed.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yeah, whatever happened with the BCM issue? Would love to update to auto air, but I don't want to jump in only to find it doesn't work / ends up being extremely costly.

I wanted a manual trans Sport, and finding one with auto air was impossible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ran into a problem problem... for some reason the BCM did not respond to the new dash. Talked to a tech, and they told me that in order to get it working, i have to swap my 2012 fiat BCM for a 2013 Fiat Abarth BCM in order to get it to work and they still have to flash it afterwards. ill keep you all posted. not as easy as i though. it was working but i did not check whether the AC works. and with the new set up it doesn't. so ill try to find the BCM and have it flashed.
Hi everyone, I solve the problem after connecting correctly the can bus wires using the AlfaOBD application, before you realize a proxy alineation, you need to change the vehicle parameters.
I using my Auto AC for two years without a problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I solve the problem after connecting correctly the can bus wires using the AlfaOBD application, before you realize a proxy alineation, you need to change the vehicle parameters.
I using my Auto AC for two years without a problem
Hi, please detail how you used the AlfaOBD application to solve the AC issue. I did the swap, but the AC is not engaging, it seems that everything else works on the AC auto dash. Also, did you use the yellow connector for the AlfaOBD assuming you used a USB connection to a computer or did you use a generic ELM327, if so, what version of AlfaOBD did you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts