Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to the boards and may become a new Fiat owner! I found a 2012 Fiat 500 pop for $13,999 at a local used car dealer. I really, really loved driving this car when I took it out for a test drive, and my whole family fit in it well. It has everything I am looking for. However, I am a bit apprehensive. First off, why is it only $13,999? Also, it has 16,000 miles which is VERY steep for a 2012 pre-owned. And last but not least, it seems that the a/c is broken.

What do you guys make of it? Oh one more thing, I am concerned about the warranty not being up to par. What are your thoughts? Do you think this is a lemon? What have been your general experiences with Fiat warranty?

Thanks a bunch. I really want this car, but it needs to make sense to me.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
$13,999 is not that cheap.. The car lists for about 16 new. 16,000 miles is a lot, but I have 25,000 miles on mine. They are fun to drive. A/C should work, that will be fixed under warranty. Speaking of which, he warranty is up to 50,000 miles and covers all. What about the warranty has you worried?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
at that price, look for new. You can get what you want rather than settle for what that car has.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is the car an automatic w/ a premium sound system? If so, the price is within reason, however a bit on the high side. If it's a 5-spd, then I tend to agree w/ Mr Pickles - look for a new car for only a bit more.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
not to mention, with new you get zero percent financing if you qualify.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You may want to look into the cars history to see if it was a rental with the highish miles and auto trans. Factory waranty should be totally transferable.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
You can get a new one very close to that price with 0 miles and no problems. RUN AWWWAaaaaY!! Sent from my Argento 500
This is how I feel about it as well, for about the same to very little more you should be able to get new, also, welcome to the forums and if you do get it you should have a great little fun to drive car on your hands!

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Buy new at lower new car interest rate. Or talk them down on the used one.
4 year 50,000 warranty on the 500. What more could you ask for. This cars probably has the 3 year 36,000 free maintenance.
A new 500 won't. Fiat drop that as of Jan 2012.
My cars been trouble free the first 6,000 mile.

Good luck in your buying needs!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought I had replied yesterday, but I can't find my post. ? Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for your responses, they have helped a lot!

The Fiat in question is manual trans. Today I heard back from the dealer and apparently the problem with the a/c is the compressor. They are fixing it today but he made it sound like the dealership was paying for it, which REALLY screeched on the brakes for me because that should definitely be covered under warranty! In regards to the warranty, I know the terms aren't bad, it's just compared to Kia's 10/100K then it's kinda on the low side.

At this point, I'm ready to run aawaaaaayyyy form this particular car, like you all said.

I prefer to buy late-model used because of the acute depreciation that usually happens during the first year. That, and I am looking to lower my monthly payments so I wanted to come in real low on the price. But I'm going to keep looking to see what else is out there, because If I can find a better unit in the same price range, then I'm in...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.