Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the message reader option will work with my iPhone4 thru the Blue & Me system ? Everything else works great as far and making and receiving phone calls via the Blue & Me system.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a iPhone 4s and the blutooth works fine now for calls. I have not tried the message center. I dont do text anyway, just call me. Or send an email. Texting is so 90s

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you search for this issue on google or another SE of your choice, you will find that the list of phones that are compatible is far shorter than those that are. There is, however a work around if you don't mind jail breaking your iPhone. There is a messaging app call ireal SMS which will read your messages aloud and is compatible with Bluetooth.

Here's the link:
http://www.fiatforum.com/blue-me/25...essage-reading-working-via-blue-me-works.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a Fiat 500 yesterday and connected it to my iPhone 5s, is the only way to have it read out your messages still by jailbreaking the phone?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 (Windows Phone) and was not even aware of the message reader function until I was driving along the second day after I paired it and the system suddenly said "You have a new message from......". It was quite a surprise, so I guess it works seamlessly with Windows Phone 8, which is odd seeing as it is a minority mobile phone operating system.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 (Windows Phone) and was not even aware of the message reader function until I was driving along the second day after I paired it and the system suddenly said "You have a new message from......". It was quite a surprise, so I guess it works seamlessly with Windows Phone 8, which is odd seeing as it is a minority mobile phone operating system.
Not surprising considering Blue&Me is a Microsoft product.

And, of course, Message Reader pretty much works with nothing else. It worked with some older generation Android phones, maybe some versions of IOS, but nothing recent.

Reactions: Tedolph

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not surprising considering Blue&Me is a Microsoft product.

And, of course, Message Reader pretty much works with nothing else. It worked with some older generation Android phones, maybe some versions of IOS, but nothing recent.
Sadly, I find it quite surprising. Microsoft's support for it's own mobile platform is shockingly and notoriously bad. They generally give priority to the two predominant platforms (that's where the money is) before taking their own into consideration, so I was pleasantly taken aback. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts