Discussion Starter #1
what mileage is everbody getting

please post if you have a man or auto

also post how many miles your getting out of a tank
of gas...........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Manual of course....36.2 city driving...with 500 miles on the clock.

I drive on the freeway for 2 miles per day and all the rest is city driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Manual, fluctuates between 36-38 with just under 1000 miles.

I've only had to fill the tank 3 times since I picked the car up.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
2630km in after one month of ownership. I average about 7.4L/100km or 32mpg, but I drive HAAARRRD. I think that's pretty decent.:D My volvo only gets that kind of mileage on the highway if I'm being extremely gentle. I always keep it in boost though and average about 12L/100km or 19mpg. (also not bad!:p)

·
Registered
30 Posts
2630km in after one month of ownership. I average about 7.4L/100km or 32mpg, but I drive HAAARRRD. I think that's pretty decent.:D My volvo only gets that kind of mileage on the highway if I'm being extremely gentle. I always keep it in boost though and average about 12L/100km or 19mpg. (also not bad!:p)

I have no idea how the EPA got 30 City and 38 Hwy...

I don't think i could get the car to get 30 MPG...

·
Registered
176 Posts
If the range info is accurate, I should just pass 300 miles with my current tank. It's a small tank (10.5 gal.) so you can't ask for much.

I'm averaging low to mid 30's. About 32 mpg on current tank with plenty of stop-and-go traffic, 35 mpg on last 1/2 tank around city in light traffic, 37 mpg when I first brought it home on the highway (70-75 mph with A/C on). I've noticed an improvement now that it's broken in so it should hit or pass 40 mpg on the highway now.

Doing the math, if you top it off to the max and drive until you run out of gas and average 35 mpg, you'll travel 367 miles before you'll have to hitchhike for a ride.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I have no idea how the EPA got 30 City and 38 Hwy...

I don't think i could get the car to get 30 MPG...
really? I drove an automatic over one weekend and averaged 33.2 mpg and it wasn't until the last day that I got the hang of the 'autostick'.

I drove it in "Sport" mode with the autostick and it seemed to be much smoother and I believe better mileage. also, the car only had 45 miles on it when I got it and had something like 220 when I turned it back in.

while I was leaning towards the manual, I think that at my age with my two bad knees, I might be better off in the long run with the 6sp auto.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
really? I drove an automatic over one weekend and averaged 33.2 mpg and it wasn't until the last day that I got the hang of the 'autostick'.

I drove it in "Sport" mode with the autostick and it seemed to be much smoother and I believe better mileage. also, the car only had 45 miles on it when I got it and had something like 220 when I turned it back in.

while I was leaning towards the manual, I think that at my age with my two bad knees, I might be better off in the long run with the 6sp auto.:)

I meant how could they get such bad gas mileage to get to 30 MPG...I would have to drive it everywhere in 1st gear to get 30 MPG and I drive 95% city traffic...and get now 37.4 MPG.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
mpg: low 42.8, high 43.7 Equipped with manual transmission. I drive in rush-hour traffic, yet I rarely use the brakes.

There is one section about eight miles long where I rarely make it above second gear. I accelerate and decelerate in a very measured way. Points of slow-down and speed up are very predictable. Towards the end I set the cruise control at 45 mph for timed traffic signals. A lot of cars zoom around me but I roll up right behind them in neutral at the next red light.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Fuelly.com

http://www.fuelly.com/car/fiat/500

for stat purposes and to watch this number grow in the future:
92 fiats are listed today (from all over)
1998 (1)
2008 (25)
2009 (35)
2010 (14)
2011 (14)
2012 (3)
I find Fuelly.com so easy to use and I like the way it shows MPG and costs with graphs. I like how it is free to use (my kind of price). :D

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi,

I drove 104 miles today, mostly highway, 43.8mpg average. I have a Pop, 5-speed manual, and I drive like an old man, 65mph tops.

Ryan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, this thread is making me feel bad. My manual tranny Sport only got 265 miles on it's first tank of gas that the dealership filled up for me. So that's about 25 mpg. I do drive mostly in the city and step on the gas quite a bit. Does 25 mpg sound about right? I was expecting a bit more.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Wow, this thread is making me feel bad. My manual tranny Sport only got 265 miles on it's first tank of gas that the dealership filled up for me. So that's about 25 mpg. I do drive mostly in the city and step on the gas quite a bit. Does 25 mpg sound about right? I was expecting a bit more.
If that was just your first tank, then write that one off. Give it a few tanks, then start counting. :)

Your driving habits and driving routes do make a difference.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's not very accurate. How can you be sure that dealer topped it off completely, or that they didn't burn some gas before handing the car over to you? Same thing for the bottom - how do you really know how much you had left without actually running out of gas? I can drive 30-40 miles before the gas gauge goes down at all and another 10 on the last bar (haven't had the guts to go farther :D ). Use the MPG calculator in your trip computer or your own at-the pump-calculations (mine are within 1 MPG of each other) and do it over a few tanks.

BTW, I'm averaging 32 MPG with my 5-speed Sport, all city driving, about 1/4 of it or more is stop-and-go. I don't drive trying to optimize my mileage either.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts