Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a use 2014 fiat500e and I am getting only about 50 to 55 miles for charge, I noted 5.8 mi/kWh and I don’t understand everybody told me I should get at least 80 miles

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
368 Posts
Holy, how does one get 5.8 mile a KW that’s like driving slightly downhill all day lol. Best I could get was 5.0mile/kw and that point I get about 103 miles or range. 50-55 mile range is like driving a constant 80mph

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,768 Posts
I get 5.8 on my key-off "trip summary" after downhill all the way from my grocery store.

The trip gauge gives a much better indication, especially if you never zero it out.

The mile gauge is of course the worst, unless you're driving a fairly constant speed with nearly no hills.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Outside temperature is about 50 and after I charge it 100% I can go only for 50 miles before I need to charge it again

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
368 Posts
Sounds like you're having a good ol time then lol. Only way I can get that sort of range is pedal stuck to the floor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5.8 is very good. On what numbers are you basing the "50 to 55 miles"?
I set the trip and I can tell that with a full charge I can drive only for 50- 55 miles
Sounds like you're having a good ol time then lol. Only way I can get that sort of range is pedal stuck to the floor.
No I drive mostly city speed and 60-65 freeway I don’t understand why I get only 50 miles

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,768 Posts
Outside temperature is about 50 and after I charge it 100% I can go only for 50 miles before I need to charge it again
Okay, so temperature isn't the primary factor. Have you disconnected the humidity sensor?

If you charge to auto-stop, drive 25 miles, & the gauge reads 50%, you're a prime candidate for % gauge recalibration by discharge to zero (drive til it's low, then park by a charger with the heater & lights on).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. I’ll start over. I just got this car and I was told this car can 80-87 miles with a battery fully charged before having to recharge. What is actually happening is that the car goes up to 50-55 and I then have to recharge it. Is this normal of a 2014 model?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, so temperature isn't the primary factor. Have you disconnected the humidity sensor?

If you charge to auto-stop, drive 25 miles, & the gauge reads 50%, you're a prime candidate for % gauge recalibration by discharge to zero (drive til it's low, then park by a charger with the heater & lights on).
I’m not sure how to do that. I just got the car.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,768 Posts
It's unlikely that the humidity sensor would reduce your range THIS much, but just in case: It's just to the right of the rearview mirror, on the inside of the windshield. Just pop the black cover straight off perpendicular to the windshield surface, then stick a round toothpick in the socket where the purple plug is, & pull that plug out.

Sorry if this seems complicated, but the mileage shown at the bottom of the speedometer is highly inaccurate, & even the % gauge can eventually go out of calibration if you don't take it to zero every half-decade or so.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

How can do the gauge recalibration and the humidity sensor ? I need help please

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,768 Posts
How can do the... humidity sensor ?
It's just to the right of the rearview mirror, on the inside of the windshield. Just pop the black cover straight off perpendicular to the windshield surface, then stick a round toothpick in the socket where the purple plug is, & pull that plug out.

1 - 20 of 315 Posts