Fiat 500 Forum banner

301 - 315 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
368 Posts
I didn’t do the installation but yes I saw that they rotating the steering wheel
you cannot move the position of the steering when servicing the intermediate shaft this screws up all the calibration between steering angle and rack position. Depending on how much was it was turned it’s possible your expensive spiral cable is fubared as its designed with enough cable slack to turn a certain amount in each direction, it the correlation changed it will hyper extend the cable causing it to break.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
you cannot move the position of the steering when servicing the intermediate shaft this screws up all the calibration between steering angle and rack position. Depending on how much was it was turned it’s possible your expensive spiral cable is fubared as its designed with enough cable slack to turn a certain amount in each direction, it the correlation changed it will hyper extend the cable causing it to break.
930 dollars the dealer will charge me to fixe it!😔

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
368 Posts
930 dollars the dealer will charge me to fixe it!😔
Most of that is the cost of that is the part as it’s not terribly expensive to replace but why not make the people who broke it responsible?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't tell you if it helps or not because I ripped out the backseat the same day I bought the car. I can tell you that it shaved off 70 lbs though. Now I can lay down and nap in the back without having to go into a fetal position.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You must be less then 5’ tall as I can’t see anyone of avg height sleep back there with the lack of length the car is simply too short to have any other then fetal position with the back door closed. I have slept in my Golf wagon but that car is 3ft longer then the Fiat. If you removed 70lbs you cannot sleep back there unless you level the floor so you probably put 20lba worth of wood back in otherwise you can’t sleep on a step.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Every bit of weight loss helps, but is pretty insignificant compared to driving a couple mph slower.
This is California it’s either you drive 80mph when it’s empty or you’re the a-hole, or we’re going only 10mph anyway because traffic jam. Me personally I hated those hybrid drivers who drove 60mph in the fast lane when I drive my gasser so usually I end up drafting some guy in a big truck, suv or semi doing 65-70 in one of the right lanes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Close, I'm 5'3. I can lay diagonally with my head at the rear driver side corner and my feet towards the passenger side door. With all the back seat components removed you're left with a lot more room than it would appear. From the outside looking in even I would call BS on that. That actually plays to my advantage because people would walk right by, cops and security guards included, without even noticing me in the back.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Close, I'm 5'3. I can lay diagonally with my head at the rear driver side corner and my feet towards the passenger side door. With all the back seat components removed you're left with a lot more room than it would appear. From the outside looking in even I would call BS on that. That actually plays to my advantage because people would walk right by, cops and security guards included, without even noticing me in the back.
Okay I’m 7” taller so that won’t work for me but at what point do you sleep in the car that you need to lay down lol. I used to nap in lunches at work but in the passenger seat reclined not laying down last thing I need is come back to my office with a bed head. The only small car I was able to lay done diagonally and nap is my 2012 Honda Fit that car was a masterpiece of packaging bar none. I used to call that thing a microvan. It was the only small car I’ve had that was able to transport my big AM 29er standing up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I take power naps in the car from time to time when I'm at work. There are also times when I needed to charge in between destinations because I know that if I'm getting home late then there isn't enough time to charge up enough to go back out to work in the morning. I leave for work at around 4:30 am and I often don't get home until past midnight. So instead of going home and going right back out with only 2-3 hours of charging at 3 kW, I'd rather take a nap in the car while it recharges at 6 kW at a chargepoint station somewhere closer to the house.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ok gotcha that make sense. I’ve only used public chargers a handful of times and either I shopped in the mall I was parked at (not possible now because COVID-19) but other times I break out my iPad Pro and watch Netflix. Right now chargers are chill but when the mall was open holy crap it was all occupied by Tesla’s and leafs with no idea when they’ll be done, those point I just abort and shoot off somewhere else. At my former job i definitely had a advantage as my 11hr shift ends I’m fully charged up using my makeshift charging station off the light pole in the employee lot.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Honestly I can’t remember once being in the left 2 lanes in my fiat

301 - 315 of 315 Posts