Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
such a great intake! I love mine. I got coilovers on the way too as my 3rd mod ( not bilsteins though) my 4th mod will be new lighter wheeols, 5th ECU and 6th short shifter!
We're following almost the same path. I'm waiting for the right shifter. Not doing wheels till I run out of rubber. Can't justify throwing way perfectly good tires. Might to RR's timing module while I wait for the Bilsteins

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Looks great.
Question: Is that ram air, in contrast to Cold Air Intake (CAI)? What made you decide on that vs CAI?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great.
Question: Is that ram air, in contrast to Cold Air Intake (CAI)? What made you decide on that vs CAI?
It's very simple. This is a N/A engine. The longer the pipe the less air. Think of a glass of soda. The shorter the straw the quicker the soda gets though. Injen and Mopar are way too long without a turbo pulling the air though

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It's very simple. This is a N/A engine. The longer the pipe the less air. Think of a glass of soda. The shorter the straw the quicker the soda gets though. Injen and Mopar are way too long without a turbo pulling the air though

My Injen was cheaper and resulted in an nice positive increase in pull. I won't have to worry about heat soak on a 90+ degree day out on the highway. That was the kicker for me - I refuse to believe heat soak isn't an issue with this intake. Pretty sure my engine will appreciate not sucking boiling soda. :p

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Injen was cheaper and resulted in an nice positive increase in pull. I won't have to worry about heat soak on a 90+ degree day out on the highway. That was the kicker for me - I refuse to believe heat soak isn't an issue with this intake. Pretty sure my engine will appreciate not sucking boiling soda. :p
Only a dyno will tell

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ease of access likely plays a part in it as well although Jaf didn't make mention of it. (I know it looks way simpler to deal with for cleaning and such)
5 minutes to install. No wheels to pull. no fender liners to pull. Piece of cake. And as far as heat soak, not worried, and I'm in Florida where it's hot all year

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ease of access likely plays a part in it as well although Jaf didn't make mention of it. (I know it looks way simpler to deal with for cleaning and such)
Yes, agreed, right easy to install, and easier to change the filters.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Not to slag other companies but I bought a cai ( won't mention the brand) and fitment was so bad that after cracking a rad hose just trying to fish that piping to the bottom of the front bumper and about 2 hours of swearing I took a step back and just started to laugh that a product would be released with such bad fitment. I was told they installed over 30 with 0 problems but my brother and I who have lots of experience with modding cars couldn't get it to fit properly. Road races intake took me about 5 minutes and about 10000 kms later still no problems and it still puts a smile on my face. Great product.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not to slag other companies but I bought a cai ( won't mention the brand) and fitment was so bad that after cracking a rad hose just trying to fish that piping to the bottom of the front bumper and about 2 hours of swearing I took a step back and just started to laugh that a product would be released with such bad fitment. I was told they installed over 30 with 0 problems but my brother and I who have lots of experience with modding cars couldn't get it to fit properly. Road races intake took me about 5 minutes and about 10000 kms later still no problems and it still puts a smile on my face. Great product.
I feel your pain. I know I made the right choice

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My Injen was a piece of cake to install - if you think a wheel pull is easy anyway. Pulling back the fender liner was no biggie at all. I can't speak for other makes as far as instsall difficulty. I do like the ease of access on the RRM intake. Nice and simple. But with my bumper to bumper traffic on 95 in the summer I wasn't willing to pay more for an intake that's sucking in hot engine bay air constantly - just my personal preference. If it were looks alone I would have gotten the RRM intake.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Im sure you also believe the metal tube that passes over the engine to run down to the ambient air (not exactly cold) doesn't get hot, cause it does, the thermal efficiency is about the same. I bet if you took temp readings it going to be pretty close to the same on both. I like the RRM cause JAFA500 is right with the shorter tubing its better for air flow.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Im sure you also believe the metal tube that passes over the engine to run down to the ambient air (not exactly cold) doesn't get hot...

Nope.... pretty sure I never said that. (Goes back and looks). Nope. Didnt say that. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
no it"s not, we have a thermal gun we use to mesure temp on the tires at the d.s..and we pointed where the tube rest on the motor and then on the engine and the temp on the tube was 15 degree cooler

1 - 20 of 27 Posts