·
Registered
746 Posts
We are about to install one on our grigio sport. Dyno to follow afterwards

Reactions: CarloAbarth500

·
Registered
746 Posts
Well I have some bad news..... THEY'RE DIFFERENT! We removed the throttle body off of our grigio sport and the connector is different. Other than that, the throttle body is just about identical. Why did they do this? Who knows. I have already contacted Cory at Modern Performance to see if we can team up together to offer a solution to the N/A motors. I will keep everyone updated. Here are some pictures to show the difference (sorry some of them are blurry).
free pic
image hosting 15mb
image hosting site

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates? I purchased one of these a few months ago for a sport and haven't installed it yet wondering if this will also be the case for me too?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Any updates? I purchased one of these a few months ago for a sport and haven't installed it yet wondering if this will also be the case for me too?
Welcome to the forum!

Seeing as I do not have one of these I have nothing to offer but I do hope you find out sometime soon the info you are after.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
I don't think these fit the N/A motors. They were listed for the turbo and the N/A but I think Modern made a mistake when they listed these for the regular 500. I would call them Monday and check.

·
Registered
746 Posts
The ported throttle body will not work for the non turbo. We teamed up with Cory to have a non turbo throttle body bored out but it is not possible due to being a Bosch unit. So for now, bummer for the non turbo cars.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The ported throttle body will not work for the non turbo. We teamed up with Cory to have a non turbo throttle body bored out but it is not possible due to being a Bosch unit. So for now, bummer for the non turbo cars.
Guess this mean we will see one for sale soon. :(

I'd think they would take it back though since it wasn't made for the car it was purchased for and it sounds like maybe it got listed wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think these fit the N/A motors. They were listed for the turbo and the N/A but I think Modern made a mistake when they listed these for the regular 500. I would call them Monday and check.
Yeah, I was going on the assumption of how it was listed on their site and ordered somewhat blindly based on the listing. I have looked at mine and it does look slightly different but it's hard to compare on the car. Otherwise the part is new in box as I got it and looks very well modded/done. Reason I've been sitting on it is cause I am collecting parts at the moment and planned on going all in, once I had everything all at once. We'll see how it goes. . .

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
They will take it back. They are really great people over there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I don't mean to hyjack this thread but I have to ask - have you or anyone you know tryed their underdrive kit on a non-turbo? They told me they don't think it will work on a non-turbo but they are not sure. I just thought you might have tryed that too.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
under drive what? a pulley?
underdrive crank pulley - they offer one for the turbo but are not showing it as an application for the mouth breather.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have not looked it all up...but in the end One will find a trk load off differences between N/A and forced.
From a cost stand point it would make no sense (cents LOL ) to put the same pistons crank and rods in a application that does not demand it.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I have not looked it all up...but in the end One will find a trk load off differences between N/A and forced.
From a cost stand point it would make no sense (cents LOL ) to put the same pistons crank and rods in a application that does not demand it.
The crank pulleys, from what I've seen, look the same. Belt size application thru Fiat are showing the same part number, and the mounting and trigger wheel look identical so I'd say go for it Tom, Modern should be willing to take it back if it will not fit (assuming the part has not been installed or marred up)

·
Registered
778 Posts
seems like someone smarter them me could dwn load a engine parts number deal for both these I.C. engines
We could tell quite fast what will and will not cross over

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
seems like someone smarter them me could dwn load a engine parts number deal for both these I.C. engines
We could tell quite fast what will and will not cross over

I've seen conflicting info on the 'net so I could not tell just by the part number x-referencing

·
Registered
1 Posts
read through 10 pages of this bullshit looking for your experience with the product, zonker

thank you for wasting my time, as well as contributing nothing but a picture showcasing your poor genes. What an absolute mouth breather

181 - 200 of 200 Posts