Fiat 500 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
An OTHER words your head is not talking but your arse was, and you have no FKn clue !
OR, You would for sure burn me dwn !
NOW SHUT To FK up and go way!
IDIOT

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
WOW, Brian stepped in here and politely requested that people get back on and stay on topic, threads like this generally end with a locked thread or banned members. Thing is the potential is here for a discussion with facts from either side to help the community and instead it is a fight between people which has multiple reports and PMs and nothing gets said in the end. Last chance, get it right or get out. I generally do not really lockdown people when they have a desire to express themselves and their ideas but this has gone way too far and became way to silly to continue. This will remain open for awhile longer and everyone will have a chance to get on track and stay there or if not then this can just be locked and infractions can be given as well as banning. Please realize I am not here to be a jerk about things and I like that conversations get heated at times. The problem is not that an attempt to offer information or to "educate" someone occured the problem is how things turned south, when it turned to cursing and lack of respect and overall derailment of the thread, with this I take issue and I expect it to stop now.

I am not the owner of this site and I am not the main person in charge but for this thread to have gotten so much negative attention is ridiculous and I really enjoy this forum and the people of this community and that is being messed with so I am just saying this in a way I usually do not as a mod here, shape up or ship out, plain and simple. Were I not a mod my feelings on the matter would be the same, show each other respect, posts facts when possible to support the claims made and get back to the matter at hand PERIOD.

Thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The problem here is you have yourself convinced you know what you are talking about.
The fact is you have a really bad grasp on math and on how a modern Turbo-charged internal combustion engine works.
I would respectfully suggest you spend some time in your local library reading up on this stuff and then come back in a few months.
If you have trouble reading I understand a lot of books are available in audible form now.
However, I think your main problem is with comprehension and I am not sure what can be done to help you with that. Maybe you need to practice listening to others?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I HAVE LISTENED to YOU way too long !

Your the person that has accused me here of the my math being wrong!...You just like to sound smart ? With the CarloAbarth name and all?
If your going to accuse someone of being wrong,at least have the balls to show them where and why.!
Or your just any other person running off at the lips spouting crap you dont have a clue about,. (6th grade crap)
Heil, I hardly did ANY math, was short and sweet, no graphs needed and its a good thing you would have been so lost !
Go look in the mirror. When they crossed arrogance and ignorant ..they got you.
When one refuses to learn, and shoots dwn those who might know something, ......Whats that make you here ?
You stand proud now?

·
Registered
778 Posts
WOW, Brian stepped in here and politely requested that people get back on and stay on topic, threads like this generally end with a locked thread or banned members. Thing is the potential is here for a discussion with facts from either side to help the community and instead it is a fight between people which has multiple reports and PMs and nothing gets said in the end. Last chance, get it right or get out. I generally do not really lockdown people when they have a desire to express themselves and their ideas but this has gone way too far and became way to silly to continue. This will remain open for awhile longer and everyone will have a chance to get on track and stay there or if not then this can just be locked and infractions can be given as well as banning. Please realize I am not here to be a jerk about things and I like that conversations get heated at times. The problem is not that an attempt to offer information or to "educate" someone occured the problem is how things turned south, when it turned to cursing and lack of respect and overall derailment of the thread, with this I take issue and I expect it to stop now.

I am not the owner of this site and I am not the main person in charge but for this thread to have gotten so much negative attention is ridiculous and I really enjoy this forum and the people of this community and that is being messed with so I am just saying this in a way I usually do not as a mod here, shape up or ship out, plain and simple. Were I not a mod my feelings on the matter would be the same, show each other respect, posts facts when possible to support the claims made and get back to the matter at hand PERIOD.

Thanks.
Go tell the people to MAN up to their accusations

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Go tell the people to MAN up to their accusations
I am not a babysitter here, just a Moderator. Two choices, take it to PM or stop posting. That isn't just directed at you, that is for any and everyone and those that know me here know I am fair with things, I am not at this moment singling out anyone but continue to be a disruption and it will be stopped, again, this applies to everyone. I get that you state you wished to offer info and education, obviously thing went the wrong way so it just needs to come to an end.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
i would have like to see the pictures of the tb that was to thin
Me too - i can understand how it may have happened, I used to own a manufacturing facility with a number on CNC turning centers and gear shapers, and if you don't jig the part properly or use the same reference point for confirming the part is centered in the jig, you will have this sort of problem.

The TB I have here on my desk is machined quite well. I honestly do not think anyone could have done a nicer job boring the housing and fitting up the new butterfly. There is no sign of anything off center when referencing the throttle shaft and butterfly vs. the bored casting.

As for the thin wall that RRM mentioned, I do not have that issue on the part I have here, but I can understand how a single (hopefully) part could get past QC and ship out that way. It's not easy chucking up a finished part and re-machining it to a new spec.

It's much easier to start from scratch from a QC perspective than dissasemble a finished part and re-machine it.

Reactions: F 500 Sport

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hopefully the TB RRM had was one of the recalled units. I'd like to see more info on the matter from them as well as a before and after from someone in our community that plans to order one or has one yet to be installed. Rob you may just be that someone. :D
I may be but I need to do "stock" testing on the car before I make any real changes., and I can't find my obd2 adapter :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Go Rob Go...
I may be but I need to do "stock" testing on the car before I make any real changes., and I can't find my obd2 adapter :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
I am curious as to what type of problems they were talking about ? I have over 1000 miles on the one I bought and no issues. it continues to function as expected with no check engine lights, no function or drive ability issues, to speak of.

"It was 2mm off center so one side was paper thin and if we over torqued a hose clamp for the coupler, RC said it would crack and collapse"

I thought this was odd when I read it. To have been that far off when they set it up to bore, actually made me worry that the jig, or set up they were using was off. I have to say I looked at the one that was sent to me over with a fine tooth comb for machine work, center of bore, left over metal shavings etc... It was spotless and the machine work was very well done all though not perfectly center. After I read this post, I went and got my original stock throttle body and looked at it also. The boar IS NOT perfectly center either, but the funny thing is the "boar is not machined, per say, the out side where the inlet hose clamps is what is machined and the factory casting was machined just a hair off center. The bore is un touched cast except where the restriction is at the base near the butter fly plate.

So the moral of the story is, it appears that the throttle body casting is not bored off center by Modern, it appears the outside factory machine work is a bit off, so like anything else, you have to look at what you purchase and deal with reputable companies. The one I received was good to go and continues to function properly. Modern assured me, when I placed my order they would stand by their product and I have no reason to doubt them.

So what I am getting at is the machined boar on the MP throttle body appears to be centered with the butter fly plate shaft and the plate it self. It is the machine work on the original piece that is off a bit. I tried to get a few pics, but it was hard to get the right angle and light.

This shows the what would be the thinner side of the bore, not by much, just a bit.

This would the thicker side. Like I said, VERY SLIGHT difference.

This shows no machine work on the inside of the original bore by Chrysler. the only machine work by the factory is on the exterior.

Better shot showing the inside bore that is left in its cast state except where the restriction is at the butter fly plate.

I am afraid modding a FLY BY WIRE T.B. is not a good idea. We sent stock T.B. to the best Throttle body boring company in the U.S. They said do not touch it. You will have nothing but problems by messing with it. We bought one and sent it to them to asses. They returned it and in turn, we returned it for a full refund. Not sure how this is but ours was not even bored in the center. It was 2mm off center so one side was paper thin and if we over torqued a hose clamp for the coupler, RC said it would crack and collapse. Remember it is just pot metal. Sorry to share but I think people need to understand our findings and the professional company's report/review on it.

ROAD/RACE

Reactions: zonker

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Good info F 500 Sport (not sure how you are about your real name being used on the forum), seems likely that the RRM was one of the defective units.

I wonder if adding one of the ECU mods would cause a CEL to occur. You've been good without it for a pretty good time so adding the mod would def let you know where the issue exists.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Where were you when spell check failed me ? Actually spell check usually cant figure out what I am trying to say either.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
First names are fine , no worries. Just wanted to post some observations. The Fiat platform is so new (muliti air) that open dialog is very important between guys that are looking to mod. An ECU mod is next for me hopefully.
Good info F 500 Sport (not sure how you are about your real name being used on the forum), seems likely that the RRM was one of the defective units.

I wonder if adding one of the ECU mods would cause a CEL to occur. You've been good without it for a pretty good time so adding the mod would def let you know where the issue exists.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Your conclusions on the off center boring are the same as mine. It looks like when chrysler makes the TB, they drill out two reference holes on the bottom of the TB as locating dowels for their turning and milling fixtures.

The dowels when compared the the casting are slightly off too, so my guess is that those dowels are what is centering it when the TB's intake hose attachment is being turned and leading to the off center condition by chrysler.

Then, when MP's machine shop does their bore work on their turning lathes, it is not being referenced by the dowel holes and chrysler's special fixtures, but most likely a more standard issue internal 3 jaw chuck when boring the ID of the TB.

In other words - MP's work is more centered and true to the casting than Chrysler's :)

141 - 160 of 200 Posts