Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

For those of you that have done mods like cold air intakes,do you change back to the stock kit before going to the dealer for scheduled maintenance... is this an issue I should be worried about as I'm about to put an intake on my car and in 2000k am coming up to my first service?

Thanks

John in Victoria BC

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
I haven't yet modded or had service but I did ask my dealer what do they feel about after-market modifications and they said as long as it is not 100% certain the mod created the issue they have no concerns what modifications I do and any mod I do would not completely invalidate my warranty, just the part or parts directly related to or replaced by the after-market part. Not sure that helps but might be worth seeing how your specific dealer intends to handle such scenarios as I do think it is varied a great deal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The dealer doesn't have a choice over how they handle it. It is a federal law in the US that a warranty can not be denied because of aftermarket parts unless it can be shown that said part was the direct cause of the problem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I got that same info from Fiat Canada but was feeling aprehensive. Thanks

·
Registered
614 Posts
My dealer is covering after market products they are adding at purchase at the same duration as factory. i.e., heated seats, custom leather upholstery...not sure about my window tinting...I'll have to ask.

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
The dealer doesn't have a choice over how they handle it. It is a federal law in the US that a warranty can not be denied because of aftermarket parts unless it can be shown that said part was the direct cause of the problem.
That true. Only if that after market part some how effects the performance or or is a cause of amalfunction of the vehicle. Not covered. I don't think Fiat's warranty will cover any after market parts at all. Only OEM parts would be covered.

Window tinting NO way. Who ever did the window tinting, might have some kind of warranty.:)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
When I bought my car, I asked the dealer about the warranty and mods. He told me you can pretty much do anything, as long as the mod isn't what caused the issue. He said lots of customers have done full suspensions and engine modifications on their cars, and it doesn't affect the warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts