1 - 20 of 492 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting the sales list!
US sales only

March 2011 500 total through March 2011
April 2011 882 Increase 76% per the press release (may be skewed since the original 500 were cumulative per the Chrysler March 2011 sales report)
May 1,759
2011 Total= 3,141

·
Registered
99 Posts
Starting the sales list!
US sales only

March 2011 500 total through March 2011
April 2011 882 Increase 76% per the press release (may be skewed since the original 500 were cumulative per the Chrysler March 2011 sales report)
If I understand correctly;
March =500 cars sold
April = 882. cars sold

These numbers seem low if they are going to sell 50,000 a year.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's only the first two months; I don't think really anything can be determined; most dealerships weren't even open yet.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi,

That, and no advertising that I've seen. It's not good when all the people who see your car ask, "What is that thing?"

I would have expect carpet-bombing style TV ads, magazine ads, internet ads, etc. Build some anticipation, some mystery. I haven't seen anything like that.

Ryan

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I understand correctly;
March =500 cars sold
April = 882. cars sold

These numbers seem low if they are going to sell 50,000 a year.
50 000 should be no problem,

They have to supply USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and China from the Toluca plant. March and April's numbers do not include the 500 PE's also sold in Canada?

As well, I think the media blitz will happen when the dealerships open. I don't think the weak beginnings of the supply chain could handle much more than what exists at the moment....remember- this car isn't being made in Poland with pre-existing suppliers. Every single part had to be
Designed, released, tested, manufactured etc. It is a huge process to be accomplished in such a short time. There are many new parts in this version that didn't exist in the Eurpean models and this is a change over year in Europe as well.

The sales will come particularly if the price of gas stays north of $4.

Longbranch

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's never clear to me if those numbers (which I assume are from Automotive News?) are actual retail deliveries to customers, or shipments to dealerships (who have to buy the vehicles from Fiat/Chrysler first using their floor plan $$).

Bergstrom Fiat (Milwaukee) is currently showing over 90 in stock alone ....

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's never clear to me if those numbers (which I assume are from Automotive News?) are actual retail deliveries to customers, or shipments to dealerships (who have to buy the vehicles from Fiat/Chrysler first using their floor plan $$).

Bergstrom Fiat (Milwaukee) is currently showing over 90 in stock alone ....
The numbers are direct from Chrysler's monthly sales reports and is units actually sold to individuals or companies (such as a fleet).

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
May 2011 sales 1,759

Post #1 updated

"2012 Fiat 500 voted “Best Value” and “Best New Design” at the Texas Auto Writers Association “Spring Roundup”"

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
May 2011 sales 1,759

Post #1 updated

"2012 Fiat 500 voted “Best Value” and “Best New Design” at the Texas Auto Writers Association “Spring Roundup”"
Fiat 500 sales (1,803 units) were up 3 percent compared with sales during the previous month of May 2011

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/07/01/3741549/chrysler-group-llc-reports-june.html#ixzz1Qtpi4oqF

they only sold 44 more cars in June than in May. i think i saw that Laura Soaves projected a doubling of the may total for june.

a colossal diappointment, id say.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Its all meaningless until they actually try and sell the car. As it stands now you have to actively chase down the dang thing....and make no mistake, the small number of dealers is a huge hindrance to sales. The only reason I got mine so early is because I don't mind driving a little, and my dealer is only 20 minutes from my office (but almost an hour from home).

·
Registered
148 Posts
June sales across the board are below expectations. The SAAR is projected at below 12 for the 2nd straight month. Plus, I have only now started seeing a commercial for the car.

·
Registered
614 Posts
The full wrap around USA Today last week should boost sales...it's what motivated me to order one. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Plus, I have only now started seeing a commercial for the car.
when? where? what time? I haven't seen squat......only the USA Today spread and that's it and believe me, I watch a LOT of TV! if I haven't seen them, watching everything from USA, TNT, ESPN and all the networks, then NO ONE is seeing them.

I'm really disappointed in FIAT that they've NOT had more of a presence in the media. smart (Daimler) tried the same approach and well, you can see what it did for smart: dealers dropping left and right, smart USA folded as the 'official importer' and MBUSA taking over the sales/service and selling them out of MB showrooms.

I would really hate to see that happen to FIAT, but if they don't get some advertising out there......somewhere, ANYWHERE, they'll be selling 500's out of the CJD stores. not as bad as smart/MB, but still not good for the big picture. :(

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My dealer ship has as many orders out as it has cars on the floor. In this area, they are selling like mad.

The problem is, they are showing up onesies/twosies.

For every 5 cars they get in, 2-3 are already sold.

·
Registered
148 Posts
when? where? what time? I haven't seen squat......only the USA Today spread and that's it and believe me, I watch a LOT of TV! if I haven't seen them, watching everything from USA, TNT, ESPN and all the networks, then NO ONE is seeing them.

I don't remember what channel I was watching, but a few weeks ago (when I posted that) I would see the commercial with my red sport in it on tv a few times a night. I haven't seen it lately though. Also, I am in the Philadelphia area market, it may not be a national TV campaign.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I've seen the commercial with a Red Sport a number of times on channels like TRU TV and SyFy (I think), though as BlueEr03 says I'm not sure if its a national or just local thing (I live in the Northern VA/suburban DC area).

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
614 Posts
Marketing firms often target the coasts...we've seen nothing here in Cincy and the idiot box is always on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We have local dealers running TV ads now, something Fiat wouldn't let them do just a few weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 492 Posts