Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Thanks for the video link. Out of curiosity though I wonder why the cost starts at $15,900 at that dealership. I though that the stated cost of the Pop from Fiat was $15,500 and that shipping was $500.

Regards

Pat

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
back on topic, I heard that FIAT sales were up something like 68% in July. the down side is that I wonder how many of those were 'retail' sales and not 'fleet sales', like to rental car agencies.

guess time will tell. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Thanks for the video link. Out of curiosity though I wonder why the cost starts at $15,900 at that dealership. I though that the stated cost of the Pop from Fiat was $15,500 and that shipping was $500.

Regards

Pat
maybe they're discounting them $100 ($15,500+500-100=$15,900)? :confused:

·
Registered
614 Posts
back on topic, I heard that FIAT sales were up something like 68% in July. the down side is that I wonder how many of those were 'retail' sales and not 'fleet sales', like to rental car agencies.

guess time will tell. :rolleyes:
I know of at least one that was retail. :D

·
Registered
475 Posts

Regards

Pat
I used to work for that dealer at his Honda Powerhouse store; he's retail+ all the way.
If he can get it, he charges it.

We'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Fiat sells 3,106 cars in August, while Mini 3,109

Source: automotivenews.com
Thanks for the info. Its interesting, though perhaps a little disappointing, in that it doesn't seem much an improvement over the previous month and it doesn't seem to be on track with trying to reach the notional yearly targets that I had heard of for the car.

Maybe I'm just trying to read too much into it or maybe August isn't a good month for cars or something.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
818 Posts
Playing devil's advocate for a moment, is any owner sitting out there thinking, "Now that I've got mine, I wouldn't mind seeing the sales stay low, so my car stays somewhat unique".

Just curious.

·
Registered
12,594 Posts
The 500 still a stand alone model. Very new to this country. Look how many versions/models of the Mini, they sell. How many years, have they been selling Mini too? Wonder the sells numbers of Mini, the first months it was introduced?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I just remember all the buzz when the New Beetle came out, followed by the Mini. Seems like I saw the first one on a Monday, and by Wednesday, they were everywhere.

With the sMart, not so much. I probably see one two or three times a week, that's it.

I think back to when I was a kid, and it seemed all my brother's high school friends had Beetles, MGs, and Triumphs. But the cool guy, to me, was the only one with a Sunbeam.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
Cool you feel so strongly about the car, I really enjoy mine as well but the Miata I enjoyed more and miss every time it crosses my mind, maybe in time the 500 will get closer to that for me as well but for now it is a great liking but not love as you described. I still think that I like what I have more than many, it is nice how people just stop you to ask about your car, not many get that.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I do love this car as well, inasmuch one can love a car. The only other car I e ever owned that I even liked was a Volvo 240 - that car was so square it was cool, and I went to the factory in Sweden to pick it up and that was great.

Every other car, it's just been a way to get me from here to there and back again.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Overall I hope that the car meets its sales expectations, for alot of reasons. For the most part, if the car doesn't meet its expectations I fear that this could lead to a shut down of some Studios and service centers that could make the car make the car harder to support (as well as possibly put some people out of work), etc.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
614 Posts
Overall I hope that the car meets its sales expectations, for alot of reasons. For the most part, if the car doesn't meet its expectations I fear that this could lead to a shut down of some Studios and service centers that could make the car make the car harder to support (as well as possibly put some people out of work), etc.

Regards

Pat
The Studio in Cincinnati needs to be either shut down or Fiat needs to clean house because word of mouth spreads like wildfire. :mad:

Fiat's rep is taking a big hit here. :(

·
Registered
12,594 Posts
I just remember all the buzz when the New Beetle came out, followed by the Mini. Seems like I saw the first one on a Monday, and by Wednesday, they were everywhere.

With the sMart, not so much. I probably see one two or three times a week, that's it.

I think back to when I was a kid, and it seemed all my brother's high school friends had Beetles, MGs, and Triumphs. But the cool guy, to me, was the only one with a Sunbeam.
Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger's were cool!!!!:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
For comparison purposes... you know the F500 is built around here.

Fiat just released their sales figures, and they were ecstatic. A 314% increase in sales compared to August, 2010. A 12% increase when compared to July, 2011.

So, how many cars they sold in all the country?

Yikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw this on the FIAT web site, for August 2011 sales:

Fiat USA has released August sales figures for the Fiat 500. The Fiat brand recorded the largest monthly sales volume since the 2012 Fiat 500 went on sale in March.

If you are a Fiat fan there is also another reason to smile; sales figures for the Fiat 500 in August just about matched MINI sales that month.

August 2011 sales
MINI (all models) - 3109
Fiat 500 - 3106

21 - 40 of 492 Posts