Fiat 500 Forum banner

481 - 492 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
What is weird about this is that they sell 10K Renegades per month and it is the same G.D. car as the 500x, made in the same G.D. factory and costs less!

It's not that bad looking!

Tedolph
Not the same vehicle. Built on the same platform. The Renegade, has larger cargo capacity. The Jeep version is trail rated. There are more Jeep sales outlets. There's not a Jeep model, that doesn't sells well. It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand. Jeep advertise the renegade 24/7 on TV. As a active all purpose sport vehicle. The 500x loaded list over $30k. The renegade is more stylish.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Not the same vehicle. Built on the same platform. The Renegade, has larger cargo capacity. The Jeep version is trail rated. There are more Jeep sales outlets. There's not a Jeep model, that doesn't sells well. It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand. Jeep advertise the renegade 24/7 on TV. As a active all purpose sport vehicle. The 500x loaded list over $30k. The renegade is more stylish.
Com'on Smark!

You know only the top of the line Renegade is trail rated. The vast majority are front wheel drive candy pants cars-just like the 500x. It is the same platform, same engine, same tires, etc. the only thing different is the bodywork.

Your right, I don't understand the "Jeep Thing".

I have an '88 Samurai.

Tedolph

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
March 2017 Europe Sales Up:

"Fiat remained leader in the European A segment with the 500 and Panda holding a combined 30.4% share for the first three months of the year. With 26,100 units sold in March and more than 55,100 for the year-to-date (+3.9% year-over-year), the 500 was the best selling model in its segment. The Panda ranked just behind the 500, with March sales up 8.3% over the prior year to 22,500 units. The 500L continued as leader in the Small MPV segment with a 20.1% share and more than 7,400 units sold. The 500X, one of the most popular models in its segment, posted another positive monthly performance and the Tipo also continued its upward momentum."

The little 500 still does well in Europe. Why not here?

TEdolph

·
Registered
734 Posts
March 2017 Europe Sales Up:

"Fiat remained leader in the European A segment with the 500 and Panda holding a combined 30.4% share for the first three months of the year. With 26,100 units sold in March and more than 55,100 for the year-to-date (+3.9% year-over-year), the 500 was the best selling model in its segment. The Panda ranked just behind the 500, with March sales up 8.3% over the prior year to 22,500 units. The 500L continued as leader in the Small MPV segment with a 20.1% share and more than 7,400 units sold. The 500X, one of the most popular models in its segment, posted another positive monthly performance and the Tipo also continued its upward momentum."

The little 500 still does well in Europe. Why not here?

TEdolph

Cheaper fuel.
Larger average trip distances.
No taxation based on engine displacement.
And did I mention cheaper fuel? :D

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
I really wonder which one of those four things it is, or at least in what order?

I found the little 500 to be surprisingly good on long highway trips. But then, I once crossed the country in an X 1/9 with a really cute Asian babe.

I enjoyed that trip a lot!

Tedolph

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I really wonder which one of those four things it is, or at least in what order?

I found the little 500 to be surprisingly good on long highway trips. But then, I once crossed the country in an X 1/9 with a really cute Asian babe.

I enjoyed that trip a lot!

Tedolph
That must have cleaned out You bank account. How much she charged a hour, just to ride in a car.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I have an '88 Samurai.

Tedolph[/QUOTE]

#9. Suzuki Samurai 10 dangerous cars to drive Despite having horsepower that could almost be counted on fingers and toes, some managed to get their Samurais up to speeds greater than a jog, then attempted to change direction — bad idea.Suzuki’s little SUV had a high center of gravity and the stability of a shopping cart, with approximately the same level of occupant protection.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's only the first two months; I don't think really anything can be determined; most dealerships weren't even open yet.

481 - 492 of 492 Posts