Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm expecting delivery of my 500 sport next week and have been watching a ton of videos, and now reading this great forum, but I have one nagging question. I know the media center can play all kinds of things, but I can't find mention/verification if it can play MP3 files off a data CD. I'm hoping I can burn a few CDs with my favorite artists (multiple albums per CD) and play them on the stereo, rather than having to hook up my phone or plugging a USB device of some kind in.

I searched for an answer, but "mp3" and "cd" are both too short for the search tool to bother with. :(

Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes, but navigating is a real pain. You have to use the radio controls on the dash if you want to do more than next and prev track (ie choose and album or folder).

Reactions: MrFlippant

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
In case you wanted to know the answer and a bit more...

Audio and Advanced Technology
Stereo description Bose Energy Efficiency Series AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system with six speakers and subwoofer.
iPod/digital media compatibility Standard iPod via USB and auxiliary jacks
Satellite radio Optional Sirius
Hard-drive music storage capacity (Gb) Not available
Rear seat video and entertainment Not available
Bluetooth phone connectivity Standard
Navigation system Optional TomTom with 4.3-inch display screen
Telematics (OnStar, etc.) Not available
Smart entry/Start Not available
Parking aids Optional parking sonar rear
Blind-spot detection Not available
Adaptive cruise control Not available
Lane-departure monitoring Not available
Collision warning/avoidance Not available
Night Vision Not available
Driver coaching display Not available

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much, Mike. Next/Prev is enough for me, especially if there's random play ability.

I appreciate the list, Tweak, but I'd seen that many times. I wanted to be sure that the "MP3" designation included the ability to play them from a data CD, and not just a plugged in USB device, or an aux-in cable.

Thanks, everyone for being so quick and helpful. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hello,

I'm expecting delivery of my 500 sport next week and have been watching a ton of videos, and now reading this great forum, but I have one nagging question. I know the media center can play all kinds of things, but I can't find mention/verification if it can play MP3 files off a data CD. I'm hoping I can burn a few CDs with my favorite artists (multiple albums per CD) and play them on the stereo, rather than having to hook up my phone or plugging a USB device of some kind in.

I searched for an answer, but "mp3" and "cd" are both too short for the search tool to bother with. :(

Thanks!
I tried it... and it would not play the mp3 files from the disk:(

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Thanks very much, Mike. Next/Prev is enough for me, especially if there's random play ability.

I appreciate the list, Tweak, but I'd seen that many times. I wanted to be sure that the "MP3" designation included the ability to play them from a data CD, and not just a plugged in USB device, or an aux-in cable.

Thanks, everyone for being so quick and helpful. :)
Fair enough, it may very well mean using the audio input. I don't really bother with CDs anymore so I am ok with it either way.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's just another convenient option to have. I'm sure if it's not possible (the jury appears to have gone back out on this one ;-), I'll be just fine with a USB or Aux input.

Thanks to everyone who is interested enough to test things. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I got my car, and I had a burnt cd of some favorite MP3s on it, and popped it in on the way home. Worked like a charm! I can't seem to go random, or don't know how, but it plays them just fine and lets me skip back and forth.

I appreciate all the replies and help with this. It was enough to lead me to burn the CD in the first place, and I'm glad I did.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I understand you correctly, music downloaded from YouTube was converted to mp3? if yes then you should be able to select the Emp3Z MP3 Free Download - MP3 Juices RED 🥇 emp3z download mp3 quality of the song which you are trying to convert it should be from 128kb up. However if you are looking to download highlife music then is the best place as the music are already in high quality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts