Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these pictures the day after I bought the Fiat, which was Thursday May 5th

[/QUOTE]

Then today I met up with a friend who drives this red M3 and he took these pictures :cool:

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great pics. Your car looks great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kzod!! Here's a little project I did this morning. I bought some 3M carbon fiber Di-noc vinyl and wrapped a few things with it ;)

before:

after:

before:

after:

before:

after:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your car is SO gorgeous! I am not usually a white car person, but this Sport in Bianco makes my jaw drop! *drool*

Where did you get the 3M vinyl (and how did you cut it so perfectly around your on-wheel controls)?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your car is SO gorgeous! I am not usually a white car person, but this Sport in Bianco makes my jaw drop! *drool*

Where did you get the 3M vinyl (and how did you cut it so perfectly around your on-wheel controls)?
Thanks!! I got the vinyl from here http://aerotect.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=26&osCsid=530b42ff643c9c7999845c3b8f43e9f9

Take a piece of paper and hold it up to your steering wheel trim piece. Then cut out a piece of paper that's roughly an inch bigger than the trim piece all around. Then hold that piece of paper up to the steering wheel and start cutting away at it with scissors until you have a piece that's about 1/8th of an inch bigger than the plastic part. Trace that onto your vinyl and cut it out. Stick the vinyl onto the plastic and VERY CAREFULLY cut the remaining edge off with one of those sharp exacto knives. Be very careful around the leather part of the steering wheel because you don't want to cut that. Take your fingernail and make a slight indentation where the buttons under the vinyl are. Then you should have something that looks like this

Now again really carefully use your knife to cut out that center piece and you're done! It's actually not as hard as it looks. It took me about 10 minutes per side, and I've never wrapped anything in vinyl before.

Then here's your finished product :D

And it's the same concept for the center piece. Only I didn't use a paper outline for that. Just stick a square onto it and then cut it our around the edges.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Wow. Really, really wow. I second all the voices of compliment regarding the fine detail of your work.

And the white really does work with this car.

(Ex so-cal myself, actually)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts