Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working very closely with KW suspensions to make the best coilover set up for US version Fiat 500.
Today we found out that ALL the lowering spring and coilovers(H&R, Eibach,Novitec and etc etc.... )in North America & Canada will not fit the US version Fiat 500.

The Front top mount is different and the rear spring rate is different too.

IF anyone buy the lowering springs now it not lower the car in the rear.

This is my update for today!

I'm going to Dyno the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info Will.

So did you guys actually tried every single one of the other suspensions (H&R, Eibach,Novitec and etc) or was it just assumed that they wont fit coz the KW didn't fit?

I'm interested in running the H&R as I have them on all my other cars. But just wanted to confirm to see if you guys had a set from them that also didn't fit.

Thanks again! G'luck with the dyno.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Subscribed. Been a fan of KW (from v1 to CS). Though I am very curious about the spring rate. KW has been know to be soft even for the V3 and CS.

Are they working on V1 and V2 only?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Will.

So did you guys actually tried every single one of the other suspensions (H&R, Eibach,Novitec and etc) or was it just assumed that they wont fit coz the KW didn't fit?

I'm interested in running the H&R as I have them on all my other cars. But just wanted to confirm to see if you guys had a set from them that also didn't fit.

Thanks again! G'luck with the dyno.
My supplier for Eibach told me that they just return more than 10 set back to Eibach.
I call H&R a week ago ask them if it will fit the US verison they said its the same part #.
If its the same part# for sure it will not work because US version rear suspension is a bit different.
I know Eibach has fiat in their US office that they are working on fixing the issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts