Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new here.. well I think old, since I think I had a profile here and then forgot it.. but anyway..

I’m always amazed at how maligned Fiat is here in the states. Every tired car mag from Motor Trend to Car and ( suv ) Driver has panned Fiat over the years since it’s come back to these shores. Wrongfully too in my opinion.
So much so that now the 500 will no longer be sold here and all the dealers around me are drying up. Arrigo Sawgrass stopped selling Fiat altogether two years ago and Rick Case Fiat in Weston FL also is phasing out its Fiat fare. Both dealers had put out huge outlays and built showrooms exclusively for their Fiat lineup. So I guess there is some bitterness there now. But it’s not Fiats fault.

My Abarth ( Donatella Two ) is my second Fiat. My first, a 2016 500x Trekking Plus that suffered that Mopar fan assembly failure ( crappy Chrysler platform sharing for ya ) . The car was laid up at the garage for 4 weeks.. while FCA gave me a rental free of charge the entire time and all was eventually fixed.. at Rick Case Fiat, where I had bought the car. I decided tho to get rid of it as I no longer trusted the Mopar bits and since I was was waiting for an Abarth version of the 500x ( which will never be ) I just traded it on a Abarth 500 after researching all the best deals out there.

I love the Abarth... she has had no problems and she takes what we toss at her.. even got 4 dining room chairs in her one time...

But she did develop some cosmetic issues. I tried to get Rick Case Fiat to replace some parts on our 2017 500 Abarth that were failing and still covered under warrantee as the car was a holderover I actually bought in 2019. I love the car but she had sat, and recently I noticed her wing mirror caps were basically dissolving and all the Abarth emblems were fading to pink except the front one ( thankfully...l would hate to drop the bumper ) and both inboard armrests were broken. All of these things are known issues, but the gfuys at Rick Case needed to see the car.. and I get that.. and they got the parts approved via my warrantee and then... pppppft. Nothing. Not even a return call. And finally when I called I guess my service rep was fired or quit and they claimed to know nothing about it. So I called FCA.

Now FCA is pretty amazing. I got a great rep by the name of Michelle, who listened and understood Rick Case was a dead end.. they would not even return HER calls. So she set me up with a dealer in Miami... but then the covid thing happended and I decided my little cosmetic issues I could just handle myself, so I ordered the parts ( Mopar OEM ) off Ebay and replaced everything myself. Pretty easily too I might add. Then Michelle called to follow up.. and after knowing I had already had the car looked at by Fiat techs.. she got me a full reimbursement from FCA for all my out of pocket expenses. I just got the check yesterday. That’s why I think FCA is freaking awesome.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glad to hear FCA is still looking after us. My 2012 Fiat 500 performed flawlessly until my dealer noticed during a routine oil change that the main seal was leaking. It hadn't even occurred to me that my warranty was about to run out, so my dealer's alertness saved me a bundle. I then traded for a 2016 Sport, and it too is flawless. It makes me terribly sad to know that my Sport is the last Fiat I will ever own. No other cars can compare with the sheer joy of throwing the gears around in our beloved little dynamos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear FCA is still looking after us. My 2012 Fiat 500 performed flawlessly until my dealer noticed during a routine oil change that the main seal was leaking. It hadn't even occurred to me that my warranty was about to run out, so my dealer's alertness saved me a bundle. I then traded for a 2016 Sport, and it too is flawless. It makes me terribly sad to know that my Sport is the last Fiat I will ever own. No other cars can compare with the sheer joy of throwing the gears around in our beloved little dynamos.
So glad your cars have been great for you.
We decided that ours will not be the last we own. When it comes time for another car, we are going to go get one of the new Electric 500s ( gorgeous ) and bring it back. Provided there are not too many surcharges and customs rubbish.. plus.. you do know Fiat will still sell the 500x, the 500L and the 124 here... just where to buy them tho, might be a struggle to find.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Actually it looks like 2020 will be the last for all Fiats here in the US Including the 500X and the 124 Spider. My 2012 Fiat 500 Pop has 150,000 miles and the engine and automatic transmission has been flawless. I few small issues here and there (Door handles broke and wheel bearing wear out quickly) But that’s been it. Still looks new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.