Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fabricators will stop developing aftermarket for the N/A 500 once the Abarth comes out.

I hope not

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am very confident this won't be the case... Once the Abarth is available, I think we'll see more enthusiasts get in to the non-Abarth 500s; people that can't afford the Abarth but fall in love with the design because of it. I also believe that (assuming the suspension and other components will carry-over) we'll see more and more options for products ONCE the Abarth gets here.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I doubt that will happen. Aftermarket companies are in it to make money and there will be way more NA 500's to sell stuff to.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen this happen before. Abarth owners will be more willing to upgrade the car then 500 owners

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Really don't think that will happen. There will aways be more Pop's, Sports, and Lounges out there then Abarth models. The Abarth isn't for everyone. Like Mvander says, there's money to be made, in after market products. Lot folks bought the Pop's over the Sport models to add after market mods.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Agree with the above - the Abarth market will never be as big. My Z4 M Coupe has almost no mods available, and the few that are just started coming out. The reason? Out of 200,000 BMW Z4s in NA, only 1,815 of those are M Coupes so all the tuners said it wasn't worth it. Those mods that are available are expensive since the sellers can't dilute their costs with volume.

Abarth 500 sales will only be a fraction of 500 sales, so the focus will remain on the volume sellers.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
yeah I agree, another example is the SVT Focus. I bought my 2004 in 2009 and there were still not that many aftermarket parts available. Out of however many regular Focus' ( Foci?) sold, there were only 14,000 made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts