Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wife took car to visit her dad. It went down with 4 round wheels and came back with 3.

Thanks hon!

·
Registered
453 Posts
so, umm... she got a flat? A wheel was stolen? The curbed the wheels? What?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holds air fine. Just a flat spot where she kissed a pothole.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Sounds $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ So sorry, your wheels are beautiful on your car.
Insurance cover it?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not worth claiming.

·
Registered
470 Posts
She is not allowed to drive the FIAT. The wheels cost 2x as much as the wheels on the 2011 535 (and I cant buy just 1)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeesh! Either that was one helluva pothole, or the fiat wheels aren't so strong. Should I seriously worry about every little bit of popped pavement.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have been begging my wife to drive ours but she refuses, because she doesn't want to be responsible for any boo boos to it. But no matter where we go she wants to go in the Fiat.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeesh! Either that was one helluva pothole, or the fiat wheels aren't so strong. Should I seriously worry about every little bit of popped pavement.

I'm running 17s with a 40 series tire.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My wife and daughters went through at least 11 runflats anda couple of rims in the MINI. It was ridiculous. Potholes, road construction, curbs, nails, you name it, they hit it.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not a fan of low-profile tires.
Sidewalls are part of the suspension to me.

Think back to how small the tires were when you started driving your model A gramps!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
updated list of fallen soldiers, two wheels confirmed bent.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Competizione.

I bought 4 new wheels from tire rack. The price Madness wanted for one was a little under $200 away from a full set of sparcos.

Since they weigh the same and the sparcos fit better, I'm going back that route.

I will be selling the Comptetizione wheels if anyone is interested. The bends are minimal and would do well as back wheels. They don't shake at all back there. You could probably get them both fixed for about $200. I'll let them go cheap. No rash. ****, they only have about 1000 miles on them. If you have a set now I might sell them individually as spares if there's interest.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts