Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At one point I believe I was the highest mileage fiat500 on here but broke the axle and damaged subframe(body fine) in july of 2019. dealership wanted 6K for repairs so i towed it 150miles to my house and there it sat(bought at lexus ct200h). finally got the oem repair parts i need from LKQ(best online junkyard service) for $632 shipped(subframe,entire knee,basically entire front left end parts).

i tried to start the car a few months after in 2019 n it never did with fully charged battery but wouldnt turn over.

local mechanic just put suspension together and obviously it still wont turn over w fresh battery. he added gas. what else should we try, only used synthetic oil. my car prob has 198K miles on it and have the lifetime warranty so thats why it wasnt junked.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Are we talking the multi-air cylinder head engine? The oil drains out. You have to prime the cylinder head. Google for the procedure.

Are you saying the engine is frozen? Or won't start?

Reactions: smark

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
Wow, 198k miles on the clock! Ditto what Fabio 13 mentioned. All the oil has drained from the valve train. You have to prime the system again, to get it started.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are we talking the multi-air cylinder head engine? The oil drains out. You have to prime the cylinder head. Google for the procedure.

Are you saying the engine is frozen? Or won't start?
yea, 1.4L 20212 Sport. mind posting a link, I searched with keywords but nothing substantial comes up. When I turn the key the ignition works but its a short crank and then nothing, fresh battery.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Interesting, but I wonder if pushing down on that hole is really what made it start? I've run into this one time on my 500T. I cranked it about the same number of times as he did, but without pressing anything, and the car eventually built enough pressure and rumbled to life.

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
That’s happen to me several time. We just crank the start, 10 time. Short burst each. to build up oil pressure, in the valve train.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alternator probably siezed will keep engine from turning over or slow to turn.
this is exactly what happened. alternator belt snapped. covered under lifetime warranty ($100 deductible) rotors/pads rusted, need to replace as well

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
besides the obvious of replacing gas (or diluting enough) and oil, n rusted pads/rotors, would you recommend changing the spark plugs? never had a car sit this long before. im thinking of waiting for obd to tell me plugs are bad or monitoring mpg to see, but would they even need to be replaced? not my daily driver anymore and not a winter car so not a lot of driving til spring.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Plugs are required on the 500 every 30k miles. If you are close to that since the last replacement, go ahead and do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts