Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done touch ups before, sanded them, then polished them with no issues. This paint seems very watery. I've shaken the pen with no change. I can't get the chip to fill at all and that's on the hood. I can only imagine the running mess the side panels would cause.

Anyone else try the dealer paint?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Haven't tried it my self yet, was going to pick some up this weekend, kinda glad I haven't yet!

Guess I'll wait until more people chime in...

·
Registered
962 Posts
I bought the touch up paint stick online and it is perfect. Maybe buy it from a different source.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the pearl white factory paint from Mopar and it should arrive any day now. I'll post my results. I have deep scratches on the driver side skirt.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the pearl white factory paint from Mopar and it should arrive any day now. I'll post my results. I have deep scratches on the driver side skirt.
Please do. Let's put it this way. I spilled some on the hood and could wipe it clean with my finger with none left over. That tells me it's watered down.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: it's a-barthy

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
bought my Verde Chiaro touch up the day after I took my 500 home. used it once and it worked just fine. seemed to be the correct consistency for touch up paint.

I agree with 'smark': return it to your FIAT Studio and ask for an exchange.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Fiat 500 Sport is 5 months old - after 2 months - there were 9 plus paint chips - hood and bumper- now after 3 more moths - there are over 50 plus chips ( or specks that when rubbed causes paint to come off) car is a mess. Who wants to have their 5 month old car repainted? Window rattles - in shop twice. Rear bumper pulling away from body. Clock loses time - wasn't told at time of purchase yet now being told this has been an issue since car came off production. Worst purchase I have ever made. Fiat NEVER -

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ordered some OEM touchup mopar paint. No issues. Note the paint will be runny if you don't shake the paint pen as the paint separates when it sites for a while.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I purchased touch up paint and clear coat pens for our Fiat and Lexus at http://www.automotivetouchup.com/index.htm. No problems. Worked great for stone chips. Colors were a perfect match.
I just got this in the mail today. My paint is a two stage process (got two bottles, white and pearl) and therefore the pen would never work.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I used the touch-up paint last year on the front nose of the hood, no issues at all. Seemed to actually be better than the Honda paint I use on my wife's car.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Fiat 500 Sport is 5 months old - after 2 months - there were 9 plus paint chips - hood and bumper- now after 3 more moths - there are over 50 plus chips ( or specks that when rubbed causes paint to come off) car is a mess. Who wants to have their 5 month old car repainted? Window rattles - in shop twice. Rear bumper pulling away from body. Clock loses time - wasn't told at time of purchase yet now being told this has been an issue since car came off production. Worst purchase I have ever made. Fiat NEVER -
Report it to Jonathan who is part of the FiatCares team. He's on this board. Fiat never? Anything good to say about the car?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Report it to Jonathan who is part of the FiatCares team. He's on this board. Fiat never? Anything good to say about the car?
Seriously, right???... .. thanks for backing us up .. I wrote to her but havent heard anything back. Im hoping to help her.. seems like she's not too happy..

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Seems to me Debra, does a lot of tail gating in her car. Wonder if it came from the factory with those chips, on the hood. All cars, are affected by rock chips. Who's fault is it Debra, or Fiats?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Seems to me Debra, does a lot of tail gating in her car. Wonder if it came from the factory with those chips, on the hood. All cars, are affected by rock chips. Who's fault is it Debra, or Fiats?
Smark: No comment.. ;) wait I just did.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The two that I have are directly related to my wife driving behind trucks. So was the windshield crack. Debra, your dealer offered to fix it for you and they did not have to. Chips are a result of driving habits. I'd take the free repaint, not ditch the whole car and come here to bad mouth the brand. Where's the post about you introducing yourself to the community and how excited you were to buy this car, hmm?

Reactions: FiatCares
1 - 20 of 43 Posts