Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a few drives to work I came up with this....My knee does not like rubbing on the dash...
Took an old mouse wrist pad and cut it out of the case...this is the gel pad..and used double sided tape to adhere to the side....
so far its holding up well and i have no problem resting my knee against it....problem solved

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
this is EPIC! I might just have to find a mouse pad and slaughter it.....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well after a few drives to work I came up with this....My knee does not like rubbing on the dash...
Took an old mouse wrist pad and cut it out of the case...this is the gel pad..and used double sided tape to adhere to the side....
so far its holding up well and i have no problem resting my knee against it....problem solved
Verry nice. I appreciate the witty pun (of course I thought you had misspelled it).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Brilliant! My mom is a seamstress, I was going to have her make some kind of a tidy-looking pad for it, but this will work just as well.

I was really dying when I had the seam of my jeans pressed on there, hurt like ****.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I banged my knee pretty hard the first time I climbed into my Fiat... Never again. And yes, a pad there would be good. "The kneepad mod" ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am shocked someone isn't selling something along these lines already.
Maybe they will make one out of fake carbon fiber and charge $399.99 for it.

I double tape some foam to my console. It is the only flaw people complain to me about when they drive my car.

·
Banned
5,539 Posts
Great idea as the width is just not there, for the skinny types I assume all is good.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Maybe they will make one out of fake carbon fiber and charge $399.99 for it.

I double tape some foam to my console. It is the only flaw people complain to me about when they drive my car.

Who is this "they" you speak of?

It is a good idea to have some kind of padding added though that's for certain.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Mouse pad, child proofing corner guards, memory foam, a few ideas I thought may be a good solution for some that I have seen mention this issue, I'm not bothered enough by it to bother but I am shocked someone isn't selling something along these lines already.
Those are kind of popular for cars that are often auto-x. The turns are tight and the cars are usually daily drivers (no full on race seats), so people (including me) would brace the knee against the sides. I never bought one or worried about it. But many I know have purchased pads. I think it would be a good idea for the FIAT since it is becoming popular little racer. The mouse pad idea is pretty smart. Never seen that before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm ordering a pad from Amazon in 2 minutes, my knee against the center console is probably my single biggest gripe with the car, it's absolutely horid. i think everyone just sits differently. For me, i always notice the center console if there is one. I noticed it the minute i test drove the car, but bought it anyways, and it's been bugging me since. This is an excellent solution to the issue. I had been trying to figure out how i could attach memory foam or something and not have it look like complete crap. Mouse pad, great idea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts