Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ask and ye shall receive.

Is there any specific things you guys would like to know?

I'll list off some quick observations between the two from the last couple weeks of driving the Fiat.

The Mini is a fair bit lower to the ground and the seating position is much lower. The Mini can corner a bit better than the Fiat and there's an increased awareness of the road with the Mini over the Fiat. This is partially due to the much stiffer steering, suspension, and even the clutch. (the clutch was the biggest thing for me to get used to on the Fiat. It's much lighter and easier to push on the Fiat.)

Overall, I'd say the Fiat is easier to drive. The ride is less harsh, and the steering lighter. The Sport button brings the Fiat closer to the Mini in both regards, but is still softer overall.

Feature wise, both have features the other doesn't. Keep in mind here, the Fiat cost less than 2/3rd what the Mini did. The Mini has HID lights, ambient lighting, lights under the doors to show where you're stepping, headlight washers, integrated garage door openers, heated seats, light sensing headlights, and back up sensors. These things are standard on the convertible I bought.

Now a few of the things I mentioned on the Mini are available on the Fiat as options like the ambient lighting and heated seats. Unfortunately neither of those options were available to me in Canada as of yet.

The Fiat Lounge I purchased does also have a couple features standard that my Mini does not. Automatic Temperature Control being the most notable. Adjustable steering and suspension (Sport mode) is also a welcome edition. The Fiat Lounge also has Leather seats whereas the Mini has Leatherette standard. Leather and Automatic Temperature Control are available as options on the Mini.

Driving the Mini is kind of like driving the Fiat in sport mode full time. The Mini is definitely more of a drivers car. It's easier to feel the road.

That being said, the Fiat is the more comfortable overall. The Sport mode is nice because it makes the driving experience more similar to the Mini but when I want to relax I turn sport mode off and just drive.

Any other questions?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Very nice. Great polish job, too. Has anyone started a thread about cleaning/polishing products and techniques? I'm wondering if there's a hands down favorite I should go for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Detailing is a highly controversial topic. Some people argue that you have to have the use an orbital polisher with various different types of clothes and chemical, mask everything off, etc.

I have done it this way however I find using a synthetic polish like the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish (which I used for both cars in the pictures) do **** near as good of job with a lot less work. It's also nice because you don't need to worry about the white residue left on plastic by all actual wax based products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts