Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my headlights just went out while I was driving at night. There was also a smell of burning, when I left my car idle for about an hour they came back on again?

·
Registered
2 Posts
To start out if you smell something burning definitely take your car to the dealer and get it inspected. As for headlight, I've had this happened and it turned out to be a weak battery (the alternator couldn't keep up). A new battery fixed it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its the relay in the body control module very pricey if you buy a new one plus has to be programmed over $1K, you can buy a used one and have someone de-solder the relay on the board and solder it on your old one its not to bad (there are videos on Youtube for this) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Both my headlights just went out while I was driving at night. There was also a smell of burning, when I left my car idle for about an hour they came back on again?

Its the relay in the body control module very pricey if you buy a new one plus has to be programmed over $1K, you can buy a used one and have someone de-solder the relay on the board and solder it on your old one its not to bad (there are videos on Youtube for this) Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts