Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure when this happened, but as I was backing out of a spot yesterday, I noticed no beeping as I approached the car behind me. Retested today and still no go. Fooey. Anyone else experience this.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
not too familiar with it, but is it a feature that can be turned "ON" and "OFF" on your EVIC?

if not, I would get it back to your FIAT Studio.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I wish I knew of this option but my dealer didn't tell me a SINGLE option I could get, what package or option added this? Sorry I cannot add anything useful but I hope it is nothing major, good luck!
I think it is only available on the 500c due to the restricted rear visibility with the top down.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I wish I knew of this option but my dealer didn't tell me a SINGLE option I could get, what package or option added this? Sorry I cannot add anything useful but I hope it is nothing major, good luck!
Standard on all 500c models and also 500 lounge models.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not standard on any models except the convertibles. $325 option or something like that on hardtops.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'm not sure when this happened, but as I was backing out of a spot yesterday, I noticed no beeping as I approached the car behind me. Retested today and still no go. Fooey. Anyone else experience this.
How dirty is the back of the car? Dirt will have an effect on the sensors.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
How dirty is the back of the car? Dirt will have an effect on the sensors.
You are absolutely correct. I was talking to the Service Manager for Fields Fiat here in Orlando and related this thread. He stated if you are waxing and you fill the little gap on the sensor buttons with wax or they get filled with dirt, the system will STOP working. It uses inaudible sound waves and its 'ears' become plugged up.

Reactions: VTEC Mini
1 - 12 of 12 Posts