Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Purchased the FIAT 500 for my Italian wife who drove one when she grew up in Italy. Although it is hers I find myself driving it all the time. I love it.

Changed the wheels to 17" Magnetti Marellis and had the rear light chrome powder-coated black. I think it ties in much nicer with the black stripe.

Will get the front lights done next. Maybe when the Abarth gets to the states I will finally let my wife have her car back.

·
Registered
393 Posts
welcome. your wife has a cool car!
the wheels look good , really suits the car.

do you and your wife plan on modifying the red 500?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be interested in modifying it... while I love everything about the 500 the power is a little disappointing. Don't get me wrong what the 500 lacks in power is quickly made up with handling and pure fun of driving.

The biggest problem is not very many US aftermarket guys out there yet. 500madness around the corner from me hooked me up with the wheels and lights. Supposably they have a bolt on turbo in the works.

What do you recommend FiatFan?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yea somewhere i remember hearing about a Fiat 500 turbo kit.
So far i haven't noticed much aftermarket guys from the USA on here, but we american's love our power and no doubt we will see a bunch of people from USA on here with modded 500's as well as UK and other nations.

For mods, i LOVE what Abarth has done to the Fiat 500, not sure when they will start selling aftermarket parts.

Have you seen any mods for the 500?

·
Registered
22 Posts
here in Europe, almost 4 years after the car is on sale, the aftermarket does not have a big range of parts, hope you're luckier in the US

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hello jstepy490,
I am the one that ended up with your car. I went in with the intention of placing a deposit on a red sport w 5 speed, sunroof, and conv package... that I was told was in transit... and then it happened... there it was :' ) I have Fiat X19/Bertone, 1993 Alfa Spider Veloche collectors edition, and now this little beauty. Just wanted you to know it went to a good home. It is a third car for my wife and I to take out weekly together. I recognize and appreciate all you have done to it.
Triumph/Randy
http://http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj109/TriumphDEKE/Fiat%20500%20Prima%20490/cropped.jpg

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hello jstepy490,
I am the one that ended up with your car. I went in with the intention of placing a deposit on a red sport w 5 speed, sunroof, and conv package... that I was told was in transit... and then it happened... there it was :' ) I have had a Fiat X19/Bertone, 1993 Alfa Spider Veloche collectors edition, and now this little beauty. Just wanted you to know it went to a good home. It is a third car for my wife and I to take out weekly together. I recognize and appreciate all you have done to it.
Triumph/Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts