Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Wheels are from 500Madness with 195/40/17. Coils are Megan Racing with 4kg front and 5kg rear rates. Rear shocks are super shorty hot rod shocks and it has the short poly rear bump stops. All white trim plastidipped matte black. Has a full LED interior/exterior conversion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What was done to get it that low? Got a skid plate? Might risk damage to the electric motor at that height

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
368 Posts
I’d be scared of tearing the battery casing over a bump and catching fire. That’s just too darn low for me, looks good tho.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've got a 2017 Electric Orange 500e coming in a few weeks to replace the 2016 Granito Lucente that was in totalled out last month. I always thought black would look better that white trim and your photo confirms this. Is plastic dip hard to do? Is it easy to remove to return to original? Approximate cost to do? How well does plastic dip hold up to normal wear and tear, carwashes, etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The suspension setup is in my post. I did have camber bolts in front to get the alignment back to stock specs. I drive a lot for work and put a ton of miles on this setup. No extra underbody protection as I’ve driven low cars my whole life and felt this had plenty of ground clearance. Didn’t ever rub or scrape if driven reasonably circumspect in driveways and over speed bumps.

Thanks guys!

I did the trim with matte black Plastidip spray cans from Home Depot. If you had a sprayer it would go more quickly but this stuff is so forgiving it’s hard to mess up. Making sure the masking is perfect is most of it, then just peel the tape before the last coat is dry so it doesn’t peel the dip. Dipyourcar.com have really great tutorial videos so you don’t make mistakes. Very easy to remove with no damage if you do. This was like 6ish cans at $7-8 each so really inexpensive. I always hand washed the car but the dip holds up well enough that it would probably survive car washing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts