Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White 500 Pop with Italian racing stripe. Just got back from 18 days in Italy and she gave away her Acura TL to one of our sons. Tried living with one car for about a week. She left on family matter and I drove to nearest dealer for a test drive. Knew she would love this car. Was right. Now how to I get her to let me drive it? -BWIflyerman

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
White 500 Pop with Italian racing stripe. Just got back from 18 days in Italy and she gave away her Acura TL to one of our sons. Tried living with one car for about a week. She left on family matter and I drove to nearest dealer for a test drive. Knew she would love this car. Was right. Now how to I get her to let me drive it? -BWIflyerman

Welcome to the forums, you need to buy his and hers, solves the problem nicely! :cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Haha, I'd about kill my husband if he went off and picked out a car for me. But that's because I know one heck of a lot more about cars than him. (This confuses EVERYONE when we test drive and they realize about 1/2 through the drive that telling my husband about the engine/steering/etc etc is worthless and telling me that my dog and I will look cute it in it just as worthless)

Still lucky woman.

And yes - his and hers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Haha, I'd about kill my husband if he went off and picked out a car for me. But that's because I know one heck of a lot more about cars than him. (This confuses EVERYONE when we test drive and they realize about 1/2 through the drive that telling my husband about the engine/steering/etc etc is worthless and telling me that my dog and I will look cute it in it just as worthless)

Still lucky woman.

And yes - his and hers.
Lol, you are so funny!

We went to the Mini dealer just for fun and I wanted to punch the sales guy. He kept telling my husband that he would like the Mini Cooper S because it's sporty and fast. And he was like "and for her, we can find her something cute." So I would ask him about the difference in hp, body styling, engine size, exhaust type, etc. between the regular "girly" models and the S and he just blatantly ignored me as if my questions were not worthwhile.

My husband is very well versed in cars but he is terrible in car dealers. He feels bad for the car dealers so he likes to give money away. So when we bought the Fiat, I told him to shut it. And I ended up getting 2K more after haggling for a bit. He would have given my trade away for half of what we got.

But I like to walk in to car dealers or anything that deals with car parts, and let them make pre conceived notions due to my gender. Then I like to catch them off guard. I usually get better deals like that.

The power of surprise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts