Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
My 2013 Fiat 500 just started a new beep upon starting. Its not the normal beep that happens when starting the engine or the seat belt beep. It sounds more like a warning beep. It beeps several times and then stops and if I turn the engine off it will run its course. I was concerned that it was a low oil warning as my oil change warning light is on, but has been for a little while and this just started this AM. I di put more oil in just in case because I panicked, LOL. But the beep has persisted. I did happen to notice as I was driving behind a truck that my right headlamp is out, this is new (I think) Could this be why its alerting me? It didn't happen when the other headlamp went out last year. Any insight to this would be helpful.
Thank you!

·
Registered
976 Posts
With a headlight burned out, you should have a dash message. The Fiat is supposed to tell you when problems occur, including burned out lamps. The beep is to tell you a message popped up on the screen.

I think Fiat's oil change interval is highly optimistic and change more often. When the change oil light comes on, Fiat says oil must be changed within 50 miles. I don't know if this also beeps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts