Fiat 500 Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
He's no longer mine. I gave him to a son, but always thought about the name Oliver. Stolen from a top gear episode. But never really name cars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Macchina Carina which is the Italian translation of Cute Car. I sure get tired of people telling me she is a cute car, so I thought I would rename her from Bella to Macchina Carina.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I didn't want to name my car and was only referring to it with female pronouns but my GF started calling her lil' brownie (for the espresso color) and it stuck. so now her (unofficial) name is lil' brownie lol. works for both the dessert as well as the color.

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Luigi. For the last 8 years of ownership. Everyone who’s behind me. Always points, or takes photos of my personal plate. We have fun names, for all our cars. Personal plates, that reflect them.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Don't have a problem with personal plates.

Have a problem with giving a car a name.

Suggests social problems.

tEdolph

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't have a problem with personal plates.

Have a problem with giving a car a name.

Suggests social problems.

tEdolph
ya know its okay to have a little fun once and a while. no one will make fun of you. also please elaborate... how does it suggest social problems?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anthropomorphism.

Tedolph
lol it's not that serious, but here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/7ab7edb8-236e-4c27-b5a0-a974552bc95f

“For centuries, our willingness to recognize minds in nonhumans has been seen as a kind of stupidity, a childlike tendency toward anthropomorphism and superstition that educated and clear-thinking adults have outgrown,” writes Epley. “I think this view is both mistaken and unfortunate. Recognizing the mind of another human being involves the same psychological processes as recognizing a mind in other animals, a god, or even a gadget. It is a reflection of our brain’s greatest ability.”

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Mine is named Giolito, which sounds as if it could be Italian for “joy,” but is actually the name of the head of FIAT design, Roberto Giolito.

1F3777CF-ECBF-49ED-BB69-880151B50AC7.jpg

201 - 215 of 215 Posts