Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. My father, a devoted Fiat owner, passed away and I need to sell his car. I'm having trouble finding an accurate value and I was hoping someone might be able to help me or point me in a direction other than the typical sites that are showing me vast differences. My mom's friend is interested in buying it and I want to give the fairest price. Here are the details:

2012 500 Sport 2 door Hatchback
Beige Cappuccino exterior/black interior (not leather)
Manual
4 cylinder
48,000 miles
He did smoke cigarettes in it but this is not an issue as the possible future owner will, too, and said she doesn't care
Had a mechanic check it and no issues
There are a few scratches (mostly on bottom of each side) and minor dents
Interior is extremely clean
Bose sound system (if that matters)

If more information is needed I can provide, tomorrow, including pictures. I apologize if this is not worth anyone's time and thank you for even reading part of my question.

-JRed18

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I’m really sorry to hear that you father passed away. I lost my dad last year, it’s not easy no matter what.

I’d be dead honest with you, the used market value of Fiat 500 is just simply all over the place, and usually on rather low side. I think, that this may be a rare case that it’s best to follow blue book value, and then negotiate down from there. Our cars, particularly the earlier years, are not worth all that much on the used market.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If more information is needed I can provide, tomorrow, including pictures. I apologize if this is not worth anyone's time and thank you for even reading part of my question.
It's worth our time, but as JB said, it's a hard call. What part of the country are you in? I assume not a convertible and no rust?

You could check cargurus and other sales sites. Remember, those are dealer prices and sometimes clueless, usually for a detailed, non-smoker, dent free car. I am seeing prices $4500 to $7000, but those priced over $6K have the moon roof. That search was nation wide, 54K max, 500T. There are less than 50 across the country and some have been for on sale for months.

At that pricing, I'd be tempted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, J.B. & map, I really appreciate your feedback!

J.B., I'm sorry to hear about your father and you're right it is hard no matter what. Especially, everything that you don't realize needs to be done afterwards.

I'm in Union County, New Jersey. Not a convertible, no moon roof, and no rust. I'm going to check cargurus and other sites and see what the average seems to be for the condition. I think I'll probably go on the low side, I think I'd go $4,500 max, but will keep looking.

Thank you again, your thoughts and feedback are helpful and let me know what range I can expect to find.

jred18

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
You might want to check out Cars.com, Edmond.com, used cars prices. See what the vehicles are going for, trade in value, owners sales retail, and what a dealer asking price.. You can type in your zip code area. I put the color model, equipment, milage etc.
Those site, will give you, a pretty much. Ballpark, of what your car is worth.

Carmax used car Estimated value, are on the lower side.

·
Registered
139 Posts
eBay is a useful reference as well, especially researching private party sales, because rather than an index you can see what actual people paid for actual cars. Search for completed listings / auctions. I noticed when I bought mine that people were paying a good bit less than blue book, at least on Abarths. Good luck, and sorry for your loss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts