Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I don't know if this would impact anything, but I think I saw a "Buzzer Volume" listing when scrolling through the "Menu" button options. You might want to see whether that might at least lower the volume or something.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hmmm

No the buzzer volume is not for the seat belt chime.... and yes it is extremely obnoxious...
Looking through the manual there is some discussion of something called the "Enhanced Seat Belt Use Reminder System (Belt Alert (R)) on pgs 12 and 13 and although it gives instructions for turning it on, as rrucker noted above the manual indicates that it can only be disabled by a dealer.

Sorry I couldn't be of any real assistance.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Its the fact that I can't turn the key without it going off... its not a matter of driving without a seatbelt.
Hmmm, if I'm recalling correctly in the manual indicated that the chime shouldn't come on immediately (I think it said something about a 6 or 10 second delay, or something like that). Maybe you should talk with the dealership to see if there is a problem with the settings or something.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
794 Posts
Dumped500,

My mistake, my apologies. We had a '86 jetta where the seatbelt buzzer was a plug in item on a relay board under the dash. It was simple to pull it out, but the same buzzer was used for the low oil warning. I wonder if the 500 has a plug in buzzer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my fiat 10 days ago. I really like it but the seat belt buzzer sound was UNBEARABLE. Thanks to your replies on here, I went back to the dealership in Vancouver and the service guy turned it off for me- He then washed my car too! I had to sign that I requested it to be turned off, which is fair enough. I would highly recommend going to the dealer and telling them that it IS possible to turn off the sound- they weren't aware but when I told them, they looked it up and happily turned it off for me. Thanks to this forum!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I know what you mean about annoying. i had a similar problem in my old truck and to "fix" it i tripped the sensor into thinking that the seatbelt was always fastened. i havent pulled apart the buckel mechanism on my fiat but it may be the same thing? im pretty sure that if you did rig up the sensor, the dealer wouldn't be too happy.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I purchased my fiat 10 days ago. I really like it but the seat belt buzzer sound was UNBEARABLE. Thanks to your replies on here, I went back to the dealership in Vancouver and the service guy turned it off for me- He then washed my car too! I had to sign that I requested it to be turned off, which is fair enough. I would highly recommend going to the dealer and telling them that it IS possible to turn off the sound- they weren't aware but when I told them, they looked it up and happily turned it off for me. Thanks to this forum!
Hi JessWoodM: I've said it many times before and I know the regulars are very tired of my saying this, but my studio refused to make this option available to me and I'm too lazy to call around nearby studios to try to explain to them why I want the seat belt BUZZer turned off, that yes, it's an option that the dealer can make available, and no, it's not against federal law if you make it available to me, and yes, I do wear my seatbelt all the time.

You're lucky! Where is your studio?

·
Registered
794 Posts
I went back to the dealership in Vancouver and the service guy turned it off for me- He then washed my car too! I had to sign that I requested it to be turned off, which is fair enough. I would highly recommend going to the dealer and telling them that it IS possible to turn off the sound- they weren't aware but when I told them, they looked it up and happily turned it off for me.
Just to clarify: are we talking about the my Vancouver? And are we talking Main Street? Details make the difference here.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
My 500 is in the shop for a couple issues, most of which I didn't even know I had but they disabled the chime for me, I asked and they said they'd see what they could do, no waiver as of yet (haven't picked the car up yet though either) but they told me before I left they disabled it so it all comes down to the dealer you happen to have do the work, if you have several close by try till one will...hopefully, good luck all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I NEEDED this buzzer off, because I often carry heavy inanimate cargo in the passenger seat. (I always wear my seatbelt: I have a close friend whose life was saved by it. In fact, I'm in the habit of buckling up before even turning the car on.)
I had to do a little cajoling and sign a waiver, but the service people were extremely helpful and friendly. Not only did they turn the seatbelt buzzer off, they downloaded an update for the car, too, and explained everything they were doing very clearly. If all my 'service' issues with Fiat are like this, I'll (continue to) be a very happy camper!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Not only did they turn the seatbelt buzzer off, they downloaded an update for the car, too...
I had the flash done today, too, and was told it's for emissions regs.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you've had the seat belt chime disabled, you must NEVER re-enable it from the menus, OR you will need to revisit the studio and have them repeat the disabling procedure.

Here is Page 36 of the Owner's Manual, if you might need it for reference:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts