Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blower engine? I dunno what the technical term is here, guys. The technician working on my car said new blower motor, so this is what I'm reiterating to you.

This is an update from this post : http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/...300-little-hiccups-4-000-miles.html#post20676

Wasn't my snow tires at all. I noticed it got worse as I drove more, only happened when my engine was warm, and stopped if I never used the heater. Which makes my car very cold in December, but it's an awful noise.

Anyhow, my car has 4,600 miles and has to have the part ordered. Under warranty, of course.

I'm saying thank goodness this happened now when my husband was visiting for Christmas and I can drive the Fiesta around for awhile. Which has heated seats. Oh luxury!

Anyone else have anything like that?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
It's the electric motor that drives the fan for your heat/air conditioning also known as fan motor or blower motor. I have read a couple of posts from other owners here. I'm sure they'll probably speak up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My fan is getting pretty noisy too, have not yet had time to get it in but could be the same thing, mine is only 3 months old with 2,100kms too!!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I get VERY cold VERY easily (medical issues) so I use my heat a lot, hope mine doesn't get like this as well, I noticed right away the air moving out of the vents is really loud in the 500 when on full blast or if you hit the defrost it cranks to high levels, so far not noticed any issues with the blower itself but thanks for the heads up, always good to be paying attention to potential issues. Heated seats are awesome and they get hot fast, very hot actually, sorry you don't have them, really are a must have item! Side note: I have the automatic electric push button air unit not the standard. Might be why it automatically cranks itself so high when you hit defrost, guessing the basic model continues to blow at whatever the current rate selected before activating defrost was though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get what it does, just not what it's called ^_^

Still, yeah, I got the basic model. I actually didn't want to buy a new car when I got my Fiat, but my Jetta was having terrible amounts of repair and with the amount of driving I am doing (I've put 4000 on in 2 months and I haven't even done the drive to Florida to see my husband yet.....his poor 8 month old Fiesta has 15,000 on it now.....) I couldn't rely on the Jetta. Bought the Fiat the day that I moved from Cincinnati (literally switched all my money to a new back that morning, bought the Fiat, went home and packed a UHaul, and drove 8 hours to Pennsylvania. But, anyhow, I just bought the cheapy because I'm 23 and graduated from college in June and am still just happy I got a car that was new - not used.

·
Registered
75 Posts
technically speaking, if its electric, its a "motor". if it derives its power from internal combustion, its an "engine". :)
Engineers the world over will debate this one forever. There is no general consensus so engineers typically default to the terminology most commonly used within their particular industry and in their particular country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts